eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

13 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I like that rather a lot! Unfortunately its asking price is about twice its value, despite how low mileage and shiny it is, a clutch + slave cylinder is still a massive job on these! ☹️

Ah damn, some cars it's just a case that it bolts on top of the box. 

I had similar issues with my Zafira, my own fault for overstroking the cylinder after I'd refitted the engine to it. 

Box off again and replace which wasn't actually that bad on one of those once the subframe was off. 

Did help I had a lift at the time though 😊😊😊

10 minutes ago, vaughant said:

Ah damn, some cars it's just a case that it bolts on top of the box. 

I had similar issues with my Zafira, my own fault for overstroking the cylinder after I'd refitted the engine to it. 

Box off again and replace which wasn't actually that bad on one of those once the subframe was off. 

Did help I had a lift at the time though 😊😊😊

Yeah unfortunately Rover (or BMW......) didn't have the foresight to do that and chose to put it in the box! The hydraulics simply aren't strong enough to take the strain of the diesel 75 clutches so are a weak point and ultimately fail. You may notice 75 clutches always feel alarmingly heavy 

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Enjoy* complete bASe spec misery with this MK2 Focus STUDIO 1.4!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2005-ford-focus-14-studio-3dr-full-mot-hpi-clear-delivery-hatchback-p/1423033313?

s-l800(2).thumb.webp.314e872dc72867094a77ee1efa52d706.webp

Why did anyone ever tick the 1.4 box? 

These were the type of things that certain frugal* people who worked in Ford used to buy when the dealer phoned them up and offered them an "amazing one off deal", the same people that had to have the latest reg plate on their car whether they liked it or not. Also they found out a year later when they swapped it just how unloved they were but still paid the extra just because they wanted a new car. 

To put this into perspective one guy worked there for 30 years and used to turn up for shift in a shirt/tie/trouser combo to work on a filthy machine all because of an argument his wife had with a neighbour that her husband was a manager there. The neighbour called her out that he wasn't dressed smartly enough to be a manager and the lie began and never stopped. 

Another guy I worked with used to buy a new car but leave his private plate off for a year just so the neighbours could see it was new then pay the fee to put it back on when it hit a year old. 

I also got told one day that if I did a load of overtime, I could get rid of my lovely series one turbo for a 1.1 fiesta for £80 a month. The guy thought because it was C reg it was all I could afford 🤣🤣🤣

Some wierd fuckers around. 

3 minutes ago, vaughant said:

These were the type of things that certain frugal* people who worked in Ford used to buy when the dealer phoned them up and offered them an "amazing one off deal", the same people that had to have the latest reg plate on their car whether they liked it or not. Also they found out a year later when they swapped it just how unloved they were but still paid the extra just because they wanted a new car. 

To put this into perspective one guy worked there for 30 years and used to turn up for shift in a shirt/tie/trouser combo to work on a filthy machine all because of an argument his wife had with a neighbour that her husband was a manager there. The neighbour called her out that he wasn't dressed smartly enough to be a manager and the lie began and never stopped. 

Another guy I worked with used to buy a new car but leave his private plate off for a year just so the neighbours could see it was new then pay the fee to put it back on when it hit a year old. 

I also got told one day that if I did a load of overtime, I could get rid of my lovely series one turbo for a 1.1 fiesta for £80 a month. The guy thought because it was C reg it was all I could afford 🤣🤣🤣

Some wierd fuckers around. 

I see what you mean, an ego boosting thing to have a "new" car at the time as cheap as poss!

7 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Yeah unfortunately Rover (or BMW......) didn't have the foresight to do that and chose to put it in the box! The hydraulics simply aren't strong enough to take the strain of the diesel 75 clutches so are a weak point and ultimately fail. You may notice 75 clutches always feel alarmingly heavy 

I've never driven one to be honest, not a derv anyway. 

I was fancying one not so long ago as they seem a good blend of decent engine and not too old fashioned for it to become a chore to drive. 

Auto could be a good shout though. 

Just now, vaughant said:

I've never driven one to be honest, not a derv anyway. 

I was fancying one not so long ago as they seem a good blend of decent engine and not too old fashioned for it to become a chore to drive. 

Auto could be a good shout though. 

Yeah I'd like a manual diesel, you can get 60mpg out of them on a run, I know manual is a risk on 75s and the diesels in particular as wuvvum said earlier, but I can never really get on with autos so its a risk I'd be willing to take!

'...1962 when it's owner who lived in Skelmersdale Lancashire who had the foresight to cover the bike in grease...' 

Image 2 - BSA Dandy 70cc classic motorcycle

BSA Dandy 70cc classic motorcycle | eBay

'however the grease had done its work...' 

Image 6 - BSA Dandy 70cc classic motorcycle

On his camera lens, by the looks of it.

Classified price: £1,900.00

'I am open to serious offers. Please don't use the buy it now before contacting me'

Pin on Skeletons At Work

11 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Right, parishioners of the Autoshite Church. I've tried lecturing you into buying some shit for us all to laugh at, but now I'm going to preach from the lectern of first hand experience.

This mustMUST  be bought.  I can see of no sensible reason as to why this wouldn't be purchased and brought into the family.  

From what I can see, it's a Taxi Spec Diesel Granada.  My understanding is that it's a bit of a holy grail, and my wish is to see it on here.

Please.  Someone do an Autoshite.  I beg.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I saw this on Facebook earlier and came here to post it; this seems cheap.  Is this cheap?  It's an old, rare, Ford.  I'm as far from being a Ford person as it's possible to be, but I'm tempted.  

Fancy something of a unicorn, with only 49 of them on the road and 88 in total? 

Only 13 of which being a 1997....

I present to you a Hyundai Accent COUPÉ Automatic! 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/hyundai-accent-hatchback-1997-other-1341-cc-3-doors/1426983681?

s-l800(5).webp.769420452ee5bb447f39ae036173e39c.webp

6 months test, less than £1000. Probably an ok price but can't imagine there's much of a market for these things....

16 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Want a Bristol project? 

https://bristolsbristolsbristols.co.uk

Damn. The Creed-bodied 401 is up there but sadly it's been painted in budget blue and is twice the price of a 'normal' 401 project despite the fact that I'm probably the only person in the world who really loves it. I had thought it was probably still in bare aluminium in a poly tunnel but I think this might actually be worse. I wonder what chance you'd have of finding all the trim etc buried in the garden and whatnot. Still would, though.

IMG_0141-e76383a1-1920w.JPG

275739764_indexcopy2.thumb.jpg.b86bbcfb319db30251ca994af6d36fa6.jpg

I think we've had this fella before. MoT-less 308 HDi, £500 Brum

"Good carvery good 

Cheap verypounds a year to tax"

As an aside, I still think of the 308 as a 'new' model so it makes me feel old to see scrap worthy examples like this

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/peugeot-308-hdi-no-mot-no-mot-spares-repair-495-no-offers/1427041812?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20220302-145425.png