eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I might be way off the mark here, but who says there's no cheap cars out there any more? Perfect for the unfussy motorist, this C4 is grey with grey trim. It's a greygasm. 

£1350 Nhants

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/citroen-c4-hatchback-2007-manual-1587-cc-5-doors/1426767840?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20220226-144105.png

15 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Moon miles W124 .... Engine "Ingested water" and seller can't make their mind up if they want £300 or £400... 🤦

Must have some parts on it worth having? 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/w124-e300d/1426761259?

s-l800.webp

Further to this, noticed the Mercs in front and behind it so perhaps the owner is some sort of Merc Botherer...

CTB price comes up as £393 for me, so ideal for someone who needs small bits and those alloys and can get a full* refund by scrapping it!?

34 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Moon miles W124 .... Engine "Ingested water" and seller can't make their mind up if they want £300 or £400... 🤦

Must have some parts on it worth having? 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/w124-e300d/1426761259?

s-l800.webp

That seems like a bit of a bargain. Naturally aspirated OM606 (about as unstressed / strong as engines get) with the air intake vent in the o/s front wing. If it has taken in water you would at least expect to see the air filter housing in the engine bay dismantled but it isn't. Missing drivers door handle and it has been towed. Wonder what the full story is with this car?

3 minutes ago, Nullzwei said:

That seems like a bit of a bargain. Naturally aspirated OM606 (about as unstressed / strong as engines get) with the air intake vent in the o/s front wing. If it has taken in water you would at least expect to see the air filter housing in the engine bay dismantled but it isn't. Missing drivers door handle and it has been towed. Wonder what the full story is with this car?

Yes, wonder if its had a "breakdown diag" as I like to call them, whereby a recovery driver has made their own cursory diagnosis and the owner has taken it as gospel. It doesn't say the engine is hydrolocked or wont turn over, just "needs a rebuild". Missing door handle may suggest its had bits robbed of it 🤔

18 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Yes, wonder if its had a "breakdown diag" as I like to call them, whereby a recovery driver has made their own cursory diagnosis and the owner has taken it as gospel. It doesn't say the engine is hydrolocked or wont turn over, just "needs a rebuild". Missing door handle may suggest its had bits robbed of it 🤔

You are probably right. No diagnostic port on one of these i assume, just an EDC light on the dash for a mechanical injection pump electronically controlled. Mileage is nothing to worry about and it looks to have had extensive structural welding very recently. If i was not 300 miles away i would be having a look at that one.

52 minutes ago, Nullzwei said:

You are probably right. No diagnostic port on one of these i assume, just an EDC light on the dash for a mechanical injection pump electronically controlled. Mileage is nothing to worry about and it looks to have had extensive structural welding very recently. If i was not 300 miles away i would be having a look at that one.

I imagine so, yeah it's probably only any good to someone local needing spares, could be quite a score but I get the impression the engine might be toast even though the seller may be ill informed themselves or not quite letting the full details on. 

It's not a million miles from me but there's no way I'd take it on myself 😁 Hopefully someone local snaps it up and gives it a chance as it seems a shame to bridge it if the engine has a chance of surviving

1 hour ago, D.E said:

Intriguing. It looks like it landed on UK shores when it was a couple of years old. MOT history isn't too bad  for an old Vauxhall Holden either. 

Screenshot_20220226-174030.jpg

1 hour ago, grogee said:

How hard would it be to do the Head gasket. Or will they have fucked the engine by running it with zero coolant.