eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

49 minutes ago, TheIsleofShite said:

That must be one of the earliest mk3s remaining. Interesting that the first two owners were Vauxhall and that the registration is an NM plate - most of the press car mk3s were the same. It's a real shame that GM hasn't the same following as Fords of the same era as it's well worth saving. I'm not convinced anyone loves boggo mk3 Cavs enough to pay to two and a half bags for a really clean, original example though. 

9.vauxhallcavaliermk3cdhatchpresspicture24.08.88943x1280.jpg

4 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

That must be one of the earliest mk3s remaining. Interesting that the first two owners were Vauxhall and that the registration is an NM plate - most of the press car mk3s were the same. It's a real shame that GM hasn't the same following as Fords of the same era as it's well worth saving. I'm not convinced anyone loves boggo mk3 Cavs enough to pay to two and a half bags for a really clean, original example though. 

9.vauxhallcavaliermk3cdhatchpresspicture24.08.88943x1280.jpg

I'd be surprised if any press cars were bASe but being a Cav it might have been a demonstrator for fleet managers. 

Mind you, as a journo I did have a bASe Mazda 2 without A/C, for a six hour journey in the height of summer. 

It even had the feckin button on the dash but it was connected to nowt.

3 hours ago, D.E said:

I love those little Fiestas. Even if they have the bodywork consistency of a cheese grater these days.

Thought to give me a little challenge and see what the cheapest drivable and functional car within 100 km from me is and it is this one here.

2004 Citroen C3 1,4 petrol with 192.000 km and with inspection until August 8000 kr or 670 punds. This is as cheap as it is possible to get a  functional car in Norway now.

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=244572182

The next one is this one

2000 Toyota Corolla 1,3 with 370.000 km 

And this has an inspection until the end of January next year. And this, according to the seller, has little rust so it can have several years left. 9900kr or 830 punds not surprisingly, this is already sold.

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=247739071

And by inspection, I mean what we have similar to MOT.

21 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Here's something you might like 1.8 Quattro GTE

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=247503433

Ooh that is very nice, but I have learned my lesson: Missing trim is a real headache and it looks naked without 😆

Tornado Red though is a superb colour, just needs a bit of pinking for some ASness, like our quattro (Think it can be seen here:)

IMG_3863-1.png

This is for sale not far from me but is an auction and forced sale which makes me a little skeptical because I am afraid that after the purchase, the previous owner will show up at the door with some mates.

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=247029456

23 hours ago, DSdriver said:

Your posts are always interesting and I welcome them, what about starting your own Nordic tat thread?

I think that would be a great option. I like seeing them, but some may not be interested, and they can then ignore them. It's unlikely that anyone in the UK is going to buy a car advertised there really.

40 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

It's unlikely that anyone in the UK is going to buy a car advertised there really.

It is only 3 to 4 days drive from Norway to the UK and there will soon be a ferry from the Netherlands to Norway. So if anyone really wants a car for sale here, it's not so bad. Users here have picked up a car in Romania so Norway can not be a problem?