eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

11 hours ago, cort16 said:

Not sure if I dreamed this but I remember years ago the RAC rally had a massive downpour of snow and the Skoda rally team absolutely destroyed the competition with these as they had fitted slightly bigger tyres on the rear (yes I know their fwd) apparently this was an old trick of Stig Blomqvists who was driving at the time 

11 hours ago, garethj said:

Far from it, I’ve posted at least one on here before.  @wuvvum has probably owned one😀

Have you seen that thread? I will not say what cars as it may name and shame other members. But there are some less worthy nominations posted in it.

1 hour ago, goosey said:

Not sure if I dreamed this but I remember years ago the RAC rally had a massive downpour of snow and the Skoda rally team absolutely destroyed the competition with these as they had fitted slightly bigger tyres on the rear (yes I know their fwd) apparently this was an old trick of Stig Blomqvists who was driving at the time 

Prefer the 130R..... 

*they 'may have' strengthened sill/shell rigidity by inserting/boxing in a wooden plank 🤫

12 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

If he's advertising it as "ABSOLUTELY RUST FREE" then I can tell you what it bloody well isn't.

It's hard to say that about almost any car, even newer ones as they will be today somewhere, brake discs, suspension parts and so on. 

Part of my old man's legacy* was that I finally got to read an old book of his called "four wheels to a fortune" which, for our younger viewers, was a book you sent a SAE (that's stamped, addressed envelope kids) along with a postal order(that's,never mind) to someone out of the back of the exchange and mart for £15 who promised to make you millions. 

I loved this book but was never allowed to read it, I think the old man was afraid I'd make millions from it and not cut him in (he was correct about the cut in bit). But when I did eventually get to read it, it was great and provided all sorts of tips about buying cortinas and so on,hoping to auctions and so forth, all pretty relevant today. 

Still, I digress. 

The moral of the story was that you NEVER advertise a car as having no rust as you leave yourself wide open to comebacks (we're at the "car dealership"  end of the book now) as it's the one thing you simply cannot prove as they're will always be some rust somewhere on something (unless it's all alloy and plastic I suppose). 

13 hours ago, Jamie said:

yeah i think your right, before covid tax - i'd also be HFM! But with how ewverything has gone its not too bad now 

Vehicles licensed every year 2021-2011. Click model names for more stats.
  2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011
  MAZDA323 ZXI V6 24V 45 52 69 82 104 135 179 237 325 450 621
  MAZDA323 ZXi V6 12 13 15 18 29 39 41 60 79 110 142

Wtf is this meant to be 🤔🤔

1 hour ago, PrinceRupert said:

I like the look of that but the seller describing it as neo-classic might be stretching the definition a bit. I cant see any ancient Greek or Roman influences in that cars design. It isn't carved from marble either

Edited by Poweredbyhopealone
spelly word bad

1 hour ago, vaughant said:

It's hard to say that about almost any car, even newer ones as they will be today somewhere, brake discs, suspension parts and so on. 

Part of my old man's legacy* was that I finally got to read an old book of his called "four wheels to a fortune" which, for our younger viewers, was a book you sent a SAE (that's stamped, addressed envelope kids) along with a postal order(that's,never mind) to someone out of the back of the exchange and mart for £15 who promised to make you millions. 

I loved this book but was never allowed to read it, I think the old man was afraid I'd make millions from it and not cut him in (he was correct about the cut in bit). But when I did eventually get to read it, it was great and provided all sorts of tips about buying cortinas and so on,hoping to auctions and so forth, all pretty relevant today. 

Still, I digress. 

The moral of the story was that you NEVER advertise a car as having no rust as you leave yourself wide open to comebacks (we're at the "car dealership"  end of the book now) as it's the one thing you simply cannot prove as they're will always be some rust somewhere on something (unless it's all alloy and plastic I suppose). 

If there’s a way of scanning or even photographing each page and posting it up, I’m sure we’d all love to read it

29 minutes ago, D.E said:

A £1000 AMG with various warning lights on. WCPGW?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/mercedes-benz/mercedes-ml55/1424513309

s-l800.webp

Oooooooh my that's a tempting prospect but no way of getting it past the Mrs I'm afraid. 

Very easy to control* all those lights on the dash to pass any mot required.......

Provided you can solder 😉😉😉

I think I only drove mine (derv sadly not V8 😢😢) for about 3 months without anything on the dash and it felt odd and boring. Sure enough, a seatbelt warning popped up along with either a BAS/ESP/ABS alarm, unsure what as I linked those bulbs to the one that worked at the time so could be either or both. Never really affected driveability and got scrapped after I'd finished with it. 

5 hours ago, AxWomble said:

Seems like that might do someone a good turn for a year or two. Impressive to have covered all those miles and still look reasonably decent. These don't rot that bad and the 1.9tdi is a great lump. Must have been well looked after to go for all that time. 

Disappointingly, I can't find my copy of, "Four Wheels to a Fortune", -for it spake truth- but I did find a stash of old CAPs that I thought I'd always sold on.  Strangely a lot of traders would never subscribe to CAP or Glass's themselves, but were quite happy to pay over the odds for last months issue.  I might suggest they only dealt in cash all of their lives and believed it was a cloak of invisibility when it came to HMRC.  

7 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Here's one for the @Kiltox Rescue Home for Shit Broken Electric Cars.

s-l1600.jpg

Didn't I read somewhere that the traction batteries for these are NLA?

Yep. One without a battery is properly worthless.  Guess you could kill a Leaf to make it work again, some would say that’d be worth it. 

2 hours ago, vaughant said:

Seems like that might do someone a good turn for a year or two. Impressive to have covered all those miles and still look reasonably decent. These don't rot that bad and the 1.9tdi is a great lump. Must have been well looked after to go for all that time. 

A quick stalk of the MOT history shows that it was doing 20k a year at some points. One of these would be pretty ideal for our purposes tbh but this one might be a step too far. I can't weld either, but it looks like the sills were done less than 3 years ago so maybe they've got some time left.