eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

21 minutes ago, grogee said:

Legend has it, it's still accelerating.

See if you can guess which make of commercIal/van this is by the comedy wiring  

Image 5 - IVECO DAILY 2.8 RECOVERY TRUCK LONG MOT

IVECO DAILY 2.8 RECOVERY TRUCK LONG MOT | eBay

'She has been the most  reliable truck from my fleet of trucks'

Image 11 - IVECO DAILY 2.8 RECOVERY TRUCK LONG MOT

Does anyone know the context of this picture? - Album on Imgur

45 minutes ago, grogee said:

4-cyl Auto maybe not, but a manual SVO is a desirable car.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:01 PM, Coprolalia said:

On 1/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, grogee said:

Is that as bASe as they get? Seems to have some interior timber although not on the passenger side dash...

Is there a way we can force a random AS person to buy this? I want to hear about the ownership experience without actually having to do any work. 

No need to force us on it, Consider it done! ;)

If all goes well will probably be up for a roffle in a couple months! Will update my thread on it! 

9 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Honestly looks alright to me. Just a shame it's about 180 miles from me. Haha.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, grogee said:

Is that as bASe as they get? Seems to have some interior timber although not on the passenger side dash...

On 1/12/2022 at 6:56 PM, Austin-Rover said:

Oh, they get better than that! The 'i' didn't have wood in the doors, alloy wheels or electric windows in the rear. The 'Si' (as per the advert) doesn't have wood on the dash passenger side because it has an airbag instead. 

Ah, I feel I need to wade in and add some geekery here.

Wot Austin-Rover says is certainly true of the Mk1s; Base, "i" and "e" were as described, right down to having manual door mirrors. 

The Mk2 Si added alloy wheels and a CD autochanger over base i. By that time the entire range had Climate, leccy windahs all round etc, but not even the Sterling or Vitesse had a fuel computer any more. All models had bits of wood in all the usual places, but it is a huge shame that the wood-garnished passenger-side shelf mantlepiece disappeared across the range when the passenger airbag disappeared, though.

I'll go away now.

2 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

Ah, I feel I need to wade in and add some geekery here.

Wot Austin-Rover says is certainly true of the Mk1s; Base, "i" and "e" were as described, right down to having manual door mirrors. 

The Mk2 Si added alloy wheels and a CD autochanger over base i. By that time the entire range had Climate, leccy windahs all round etc, but not even the Sterling or Vitesse had a fuel computer any more. All models had bits of wood in all the usual places, but it is a huge shame that the wood-garnished passenger-side shelf mantlepiece disappeared across the range when the passenger airbag disappeared, though.

I'll go away now.

I was under the impression that the I had manual aircon even till then end. But I don't see many late I cars. I'm happy this SI has (or I hope it has) the digital climate control, as its really fun to push the buttons and listen to it beep. 😅

4 minutes ago, Skcat said:

I was under the impression that the I had manual aircon even till then end. 

It was no longer worth Rover offering two different systems by that stage. Essentially they were making one core model, just bolting extra bits in depending on spec. So, while the Sterling had electric seats, they were just bolt-in items with the controls on the side, rather than in the centre console with bespoke switchgear like in the Mk1.  The beep is fantastic, though! And I love the tiny orange-lit LCD readout.

6 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

It was no longer worth Rover offering two different systems by that stage. Essentially they were making one core model, just bolting extra bits in depending on spec. So, while the Sterling had electric seats, they were just bolt-in items with the controls on the side, rather than in the centre console with bespoke switchgear like in the Mk1.  The beep is fantastic, though! And I love the tiny orange-lit LCD readout.

So if I was too find a sterling interior, their is a strong chance of their being the loom for the electric seats under the carpet? If so that would be cool, it's just a shame the four cylinder models never seemed to come with cruise control but I heard you can fit a setup from a 220/420!