eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

No pic Mondeo MK2, 2.0 GLX flavour. Rough but £495, Nuneaton. 

"Been told the engine and gearbox are worth £495 for the. Anger racing lads"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2000-ford-mondeo-20i-glx-5dr-hatchback-petrol-manual/1422690597?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

5 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

It was no longer worth Rover offering two different systems by that stage. Essentially they were making one core model, just bolting extra bits in depending on spec. So, while the Sterling had electric seats, they were just bolt-in items with the controls on the side, rather than in the centre console with bespoke switchgear like in the Mk1.  The beep is fantastic, though! And I love the tiny orange-lit LCD readout.

Hmm.  I'm pretty sure my J-plate 820i had neither climate nor aircon...

I know there's a lot of love for these, especially among our Scotch friends. This one is a slug-matic 2.4 but it's pre-March 2001 and 106k on the clock. £895 Brum.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volvo-v70-24-petrol-automatic-low-100k-miles/1423818347?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20220117-175820.png

2 minutes ago, carburettor said:

I think they're pretty terrible but as An Car they're probably ok, except thirsty and high tax so kind of defeats the object of cheap car. 

On 1/16/2022 at 4:57 PM, Nullzwei said:

2002 Mercedes CLK500, short mot, Merseyside. Cheap V8 £850

https://www.gumtree.com/p/mercedes-benz/mercedes-clk500-v8/1423751218

Sort of glad that's gone. The last two big Mercs I bought (S500 and S320 diesel) went wrong in spectacular/costly fashion.

52 minutes ago, grogee said:

I thought these were related to the Hyundai Matrix for some reason.

1 hour ago, carburettor said:

I always thought it was a UK market Charger as a kid

1 hour ago, grogee said:

I know there's a lot of love for these, especially among our Scotch friends. This one is a slug-matic 2.4 but it's pre-March 2001 and 106k on the clock. £895 Brum.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volvo-v70-24-petrol-automatic-low-100k-miles/1423818347?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20220117-175820.png

One of these with a manual would suit me fine!

2 hours ago, Dabooka said:

Just add yellow boiler suit for hilarious antics at a venue of your choice.

Also one for the Bus Spotters?

257439037_4861081530650169_6305504028330056982_n.thumb.jpg.ab189d8b82d138a9a88451a5b4f9f1b5.jpg

I love everything about this.  I had no idea that Plaxtons ever built anything like this, and it pleases me that they built it to the same profile as their coaches, as well as using that classic (yes...classic) brightwork down the side. I would quite happily live in this. Might change that sticker to say Chemsafe Cottage.

Don't know if anyone likes VW Bays, but if you are looking for a retirement challenge this might be up your street.

Mind you, looking at the pictures and reading the apt description you'll need to have retired really really early to stand a chance of finishing it.

Not sure what to make of "Smells of ghost farts" in the description:

https://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/not-mine-facebook-link-but-amusing-just-for-the-description.94806/

6 hours ago, grogee said:

I can vouch that Mr Khan is an arrogant, tasteless little tosspot, and that his creations are laughable garbage. I used to work for another company that customised JLR vehicles  when the original Defender was still being made. We were given two brand new 110 Defender Station Wagons, fresh from the Kahn shitshops, to have automatic gearboxes fitted (one of our services). They had crap aftermarket (probably fake) bucket seats fitted in the front, and all the seats had been retrimmed in Burberry-style chav fabric; think the retro plaid seats you get in Golf GTIs now, but about 10x worse. Stitching quality was nowhere near as good as OEM. They'd also lined the dashboard in chav plaid, and fitted a metal steering wheel that was about as thick as it was wide (probably like the person who ordered it). The rear load area had had the useful seats removed, and a no-doubt eye-wateringly expensive audio system installed. Just what you want in a dedicated offroad vehicle. There were other crimes besides, which I can't quite remember. On the outside, the thing was covered in shitty little extra LED lights front and back, and had plastic stick-on arch extenders (yes, stick-on), the sort that cover the entire front wings and rear quarters, with fake plastic chrome cap screws to make them look like they were bolted on. They were also fitted with normal Defender Sawtooth alloys, but had Khan centre caps that probably trebled the cost (I have my suspicions that the alloys were actually sawtooth replicas). Any actual functional mods to the machinery? Nope, not a single one. Standard engine, suspension, tyres, axles, etc. All just superfluous shit.

We fitted the gearboxes, and then rang up Khan to come and collect them. For two weeks they ignored us; probably figured that we could just provide them free indoor storage until they could be bothered to take them back. My boss even rang up Mr Khan directly and he basically said, "Nothing to do with me, ring the workshop.". Eventually my boss just rang up the workshop again and said, "We're no longer putting them inside at night, we're just going to dump them at the curb. You've been told." Funnily enough, the next day a couple of bellends from Kahn turned up and took them away. Twats.

4 hours ago, Jack D said:

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1417029

LT1 powered caprice woody wagon, £2950, Essex.  

983770DE-5C38-4DF3-927F-AAB57A91BFBB.thumb.jpeg.d1e9bdd9f6716a70e8a1737088ad438a.jpeg

Ooooh, its a good thing I dont have £2950!

@Zelandeth your replacement for BOTH the Merc and the Jag all rolled into one :) (its a big estate like the merc and its got a big engine like the Jag, and probably the same fuel economy too LOL)

gosh I do love a land yatch

2 hours ago, morrisoxide said:

Diesel with 8 exhausts.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.c2443329bed6d142e931f0104fcc3fb8.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.241b678088e0494b02724c1f47dad6d2.jpg

I'm sure I have posted this before, sat in someones garden.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334295093831?hash=item4dd58a5247:g:JrMAAOSwGUZh5dPN

1979 so its Historic vehicle taxation class eligible,  its Both a Big V8 AND a Diesel, its the ultimate fuck you to the ULEZ zone :) 

and bonus points if you manage to get it registered with TFL  as a car used by a blue badge holder so it then this massive wagon becomes congestion charge exempt to take the piss out of all of the London charge zones :)