eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

9 hours ago, barrett said:

That's identical to my former step dad's old one. That was the second car I ever drove, and the first time I experienced 100mph (not me driving). It holds some fond memories and I'd love to take that on but am seriously lacking the skills to put it back on the road. Hope it finds a good home.

My Grampa had a blue one like that, before getting my Great-Grandfather's red one.

1 hour ago, Asimo said:

That 1.6 engine/Hydramatic 3 speed is a really nice combination.  Good drive are those Astras.

I have the same transmission in my Kadett 1.3. It's fine, doesn't feel sluggish and isn't much thirstier than the (manual) 1.2. I'd only steer clear if the intend is to do a lot of motorway driving.

10 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Lovely place Whitstable on the Thames coast.  Bring a battery by the looks of it.

yes its very pleasant. We often take the mutt out for walks in Whitstable.  Would be tempted with the XM too if I didn't have one of my own taking up valuable space on the drive since last April

17 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

It's very cheap for something drive away...but these XM don't seem to have got significantly valuable mostly. The turbo-diesels go very well.

Yes Whitstable is very nice but then so is the whole Kent coast in most parts.

yes, a low mileage MOTd one with the cooler interior it seems very keenly priced.  Hard suspension is probably just spheres need doing (easy job) . Does look like it has an ABS light on in one of the pictures though

Honestly wouldn't mind this, if I could afford it, the insurance, or the expenses that are required to get the damned thing home haha.

... my birthday is coming up lads... just saying :D

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108136208054

3f066776b0514a2d9bb07acaf71712ce.jpg

Only 45k and only £1,690, seems a bit off to me, to be honest. One of the arches at the back looks a wee bit... crunchy, but definitely repairable I reckon.

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201061083232

Slightly frilly Cat N Allego 3. Still would.

Image 4 of 20

Allegro 3 on a Y plate. One of the very last ones remaining? 

It looks to be a really genuine one. Shame about the wannabe whiteroomer who penned the ad. I reckon the teenage lad's mum has tried everything to get him off the X Box, which hasn't worked. She's then promised him money for some new games if he sells gran's old car.

Screenshot_20220107-113730_Auto Trader.jpg

1 minute ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Allegro 3 on a Y plate. One of the very last ones remaining? 

It looks to be a really genuine one. Shame about the wannabe whiteroomer who penned the ad. 

Screenshot_20220107-113730_Auto Trader.jpg

"Recommend the car be taken by pick up truck"

Good idea, I'll put it in the back seat of my mate's Hilux

2 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

"Recommend the car be taken by pick up truck"

Good idea, I'll put it in the back seat of my mate's Hilux

I could try squeezing it onto the bed of the Kubota rtv 900 from work, that’s really good on fuel as well 👌

9 hours ago, Jamie said:

a gorgeous mazda 323f ZXI Special edition, i remember having a launch poster of one of these on my bedroom wall as an 11 year old - Emerald green with tan leather - wow what a honey - only £495 - some rot to attend to but droooool

Mazda 323 ZXi | eBay

Image 6 - Mazda 323 ZXi

Image 8 - Mazda 323 ZXi

Nearly bought one of these in the exact spec, but the seller accepted a lower cash offer before I could put the deposit down. Love them tho and absolutely would, that one I was denied was probably a blessing in disguise though...