eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Scene 1.4, £2k Berks

only can be purchesed right now .. AUCTION SALE I .E NOT RETAIL SALE

A NEW MOT WAS CARRIED OUT WITH A PASS WITH NO AEDVISORIES HARDLEY SURPRIZING

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volkswagen-polo-14-2000-cl-rare-super-low-mileage-example-only-43000-miles/1420402163?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20211231-221335.png

18 minutes ago, grogee said:

Scene 1.4, £2k Berks

only can be purchesed right now .. AUCTION SALE I .E NOT RETAIL SALE

A NEW MOT WAS CARRIED OUT WITH A PASS WITH NO AEDVISORIES HARDLEY SURPRIZING

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volkswagen-polo-14-2000-cl-rare-super-low-mileage-example-only-43000-miles/1420402163?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20211231-221335.png

I like these wee Polos. :)

Had that 8v twink in a transit and really liked it. Less so the fuel bill when fully loaded with motorbikes and family tugging a caravan from London to Wales, though to be fair it would still pull 80 on the flat and broke a ton less laden. Miss that van. The picture in my mind of it sitting on the depollution ramps still brings a tear.  

I had a couple of smiley Transits with that engine.  A blue SWB which would do the ton, and a white LWB high top minibus which wouldn't, but would out-accelerate most vans up to about 70.  That one went to purplebargeken and ended up with Arthur Foxhake.  Neither was an economical vehicle.

I then had a Mk6 Transit with the later 2.3 twin cam - that thing absolutely flew.

Happy 2022. I'll add to the Ford DOHC conversation by throwing in my 1990 Scorpio auto. Not fast but it was reliable and reasonably economical for a big car. I seem to remember it having a sophisticated (for its time) engine management system, much more so than the older V6. It was quiet too. 

58 minutes ago, 500tops said:

Don't you remember that in 1985 all new cars were supplied with some bonnet compost and a smashed NSR window? 

44 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

Aye, that would be Panhard65's.

He doesn't seem to hang around here any more, but he's plenty active on the other forum.

6 minutes ago, grogee said:

These go through engines if they use the CAVE code IIRC. A lot are running on replacement engines.