eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, grogee said:

Search term spamming YRV auto with too-close pictures, £895 Walsall

"Daihatsu automatic vauxhall nissan volkswagen toyota renult peugeot citroen ford skoda suzuki honda"

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/daihatsu-automatic-vauxhall-nissan-volkswagen-toyota-renult-peugeot-citroen-ford-skoda-suzuki-honda/1422194972?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20211222-175713.png

I really don't understand fuckwits who do this.  Who thinks that anyone does a search for just "Ford"?  You'd get about a billion results, it'd be pointless.

spacer.png

car was sent to Cross Manufacturing of Bath directly from Rover in order that the engine could be evaluated to gain more power and increased consumption

of brake fluid.

brakefluid-01.jpg.8b98cace266f53b31ab5878072d49eba.jpg

For only eight grand you too can experience P6 brakes. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313609338328

43 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

Freight Rover! I remember going to scout camp in these

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133965500701?hash=item1f30f7511d:g:4U4AAOSw2VFhunZy

When I worked at JLR I briefly changed my email sign off to:

blah blah Jaguar Freight Rover blah

Nobody noticed. 

2 hours ago, grogee said:

What an exciting fault! As long as the drivers side is still ok I can't see the problem, it's only the left hand side that will suffer.

My late dentist had one. The same day I was driving to an appointment in the 2cv through a very flooded chester ( I was ok until a truck put a bow wave over the bonnet) he was driving in from the Wirral. He said the water went up to the bottom of the windows and all the dash lights came on but he carried on going and the engine didn’t stall.  He had DPJ 1 as the reg for over forty years- the first car I remember it on was a green, late 1970s Mercedes SLC.

7 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

So in that theory my Sigma registered in 96 but built in 93 saves me waiting so long .... Just need to make it survive until then  .... Anyone got a clutch for a 6g72 3.0 V6 kicking about 😕

Autodoc has everything you need:

https://autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/repair-kit-clutch-complete-10151/mitsubishi/sigma/sigma-station-wagon-f0-w/5599-3-0

On 12/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, wuvvum said:

No it isn't.

To be fair, that Stanza is nearer to being tax & MoT exempt than this 1988 Uno, you'd think a dealer would know the rules.

"Although Tax & Mot exempt we can, for peace of mind have this car Mot tested for you"

It's missing the rubbing strip on the passenger side front wing which makes me wonder if the wing has been replaced, not the end of the world but it's not a cheap car.

1225258011_UnoSelecta.jpg.5c91bc9e9524e1a797b2d4007c4b2748.jpg

970885545_UnoSelecta2.jpg.4480c28caa1f9d8cc9d0be3aeeaf6aad.jpg

8 hours ago, cort16 said:

I bought a brand new Jeep in 2000, W Reg, so slightly newer than this one. Sold it in 2004 with 25000 miles and it was already falling apart . ( only car I’ve ever had that failed it’s 1st MOT). God knows how bad this one must be.

4 hours ago, Schaefft said:

But which clutch ...🤔

Anyone fancy doing a clutch change and a full belts change...

Would a Speedo drive from a left hooker be the same ?? 

7 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

But which clutch ...🤔

Anyone fancy doing a clutch change and a full belts change...

Would a Speedo drive from a left hooker be the same ?? 

Whichever brand and price you think is the right compromise. Unfortunately I don't know any of the 3 remaining brands but a quick Google search should give you an idea which brand has some experience in manufacturing quality parts.

6 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Whichever brand and price you think is the right compromise. Unfortunately I don't know any of the 3 remaining brands but a quick Google search should give you an idea which brand has some experience in manufacturing quality parts.

Morning, not so much the make , from previous research I've heard there is two different sizes ....

Another problem for another day..

Today i've got to collect my elderly neighbours ashes from the crematorium and then deal with his widow s grieving ... could be a busy day 😕😕

17 hours ago, cort16 said:

@dome here's that v12 you should buy yourself for Christmas.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275074752454?hash=item400bbb9fc6:g:wRgAAOSwHoVhwy8u

Just call it an 825i and crack on.

Anyway, should be a simple enough engine to work on...

s-l1600.jpg

joey.gif.69cd837936d72742772186486191652b.gif

13 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Just call it an 825i and crack on.

Anyway, should be a simple enough engine to work on...

s-l1600.jpg

joey.gif.69cd837936d72742772186486191652b.gif

I see this as a learning oppertunity. You can compare both halves of the engine and see which bit is failing like having a template. Do it quick though before the other half borks.

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

Worth £350 for seats and engine. If you've got space and the facilities to take it to bits, probably worth snapping it up. 81k mileage isn't too scary.