eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 minutes ago, Yoss said:

My old skoda brochures call the Favorit and Felicia estates a Combi.  That's never seemed to catch on over here.  We get lots of Americanisms but very few Europeanisms. 

The Mk1 Fabia (and I believe others too) were called the Combi in the 05 Brochure I have. The Fabia saloon (oh what a charming in an ugly sort of way thing that was) was referred to as the 'sedan'. The latter being something I'd associate as an 'Americanism'. :)

8 hours ago, Rod/b said:

Amen. When i’m President my first decree shall be that anyone (including marketing people at car companies) referring to a two-door saloon as a coupe will be placed on a register and forced to wear a metre tall, luminous yellow dunce cone on their stupid fucking head whenever they are in public. They will be barred from taking paid employment and / or receiving any form of state or charitable aid. 

Similar sanctions will be placed upon anyone referring to an estate car as a shooting brake or a longroof. In the latter case, they will also be required to shave their hair off and have the word CUNT tattooed on their stupid fucking head in case their dunce hat falls off. 

Can I add calling a Land Rover a 'Jeep' or a 'Truck' to the list. Just call it what it is and you will probably get more money for it.

3 hours ago, grogee said:

There's a similarly tacky C coupe near me - white bonnet stripe, window stickers, chrome piping etc. 

Got me wondering if there is a specific thread for 'polished turds' or whether we just stick them in 'Spotted' thread?

Those white wall tyre things that get fitted into the tyre are the absolute worst. At least the Chrome arches can be used to cover wobbed up body work.

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

The Mk1 Fabia (and I believe others too) were called the Combi in the 05 Brochure I have. The Fabia saloon (oh what a charming in an ugly sort of way thing that was) was referred to as the 'sedan'. The latter being something I'd associate as an 'Americanism'. :)

Combi I don't mind too much. Maybe it's because I appreciated the Skoda money-save of carrying over hatchback tailgate onto estate thereby saving tooling costs for a separate tailgate. 

Then they got all tied up in knots and produced the Superb MK2, which was a saloon and a hatchback at the same time.

I still don't know what niche that was trying to fill, but it's certainly novel. 

On 12/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, DVee8 said:

HFM?!? Hopefully rectifying the stupid lowering which is ruining the rear camber won't be too pricey

On 12/19/2021 at 3:37 PM, DVee8 said:

How has this acquired an SVA with open wheels? I thought that was a big no-no

On 12/19/2021 at 3:41 PM, DVee8 said:

HFM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's my favourite Type R, but geez...

Rennow Gooner Coop. 2 litre dizzle. £1500 Gloucscxsxcsxc

Such a pretty thing. "Just" 160k on the clock. Admire on the hard shoulder while waiting for the fourth emergency service. 

(I know, I know, they're not that bad)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-laguna-coupe-2009-manual-1995-cc-3-doors/1422001974?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20211220-173757.png

25 minutes ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

How has this acquired an SVA with open wheels? I thought that was a big no-no

The same way people used to MoT hot rods. Clip on wings, attain certificate, remove wings. From my limited understanding of the process it seems that quite a lot of SVA/IVA tested vehicles have easily-removable mods to get through the test, which makes sense.

59 minutes ago, grogee said:

Then they got all tied up in knots and produced the Superb MK2, which was a saloon and a hatchback at the same time.

I still don't know what niche that was trying to fill, but it's certainly novel. 

Two birds, one stone. I imagine. :)

Surely the defining feature of a coupé is that it has panels and bodywork that don't fit anything else in the range, with the exception being the Triumph Herald coupé? For example, the (I think) the BMW e30 3-series was never offered as a 2-door saloon, but no panels were i interchangeable with the 4-door saloon.

13 hours ago, D.E said:

Ah, and what will we do with the people who come up with four-door suv "coupes"?

They should be tortured then shot. There is no excuse for these! What moron thought an X6 was a good idea, possibly a similar one who thought ridiculously low profile tyres where the rims constantly crack on the roads would also be ideal for a 4x4! FFS And while I am on this rant why are there lowered 4x4’s?surely the whole point of a 4x4 is better off road capability.

People carriers are bad enough but were  possibly well intentioned. I would prefer 7 seater estates such as Mercedes, Peugeot’s, Volvo’s, Montego’s, CX’s etc. or Transit minibuses. Before the nanny state went out of control we just sat in the boot of estate car’s if you couldn’t fit everyone on seats.

31 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Same goes for 3door & 5 door it's a fucking hatchback you fucknugget.

Bit strong, old chap. What if you want to know how many doors it has? You might as well just remove all definitions and refer only to 'cars' and that's it. Body style? Car. Colour? Car. Engine size? Car.

That'll make things easy, eh!