eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 12/9/2021 at 10:31 PM, D.E said:

ULEZ victim: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284561915822?hash=item4241363fae:g:p80AAOSwJB5ho6jp

s-l1600.jpg

Advert doesn't mention lady is included or not.

s-l1600.jpg

The advert:

Holes in driver seat, it needs some care and it will look fantastic.

270915279_Screenshot2021-12-10at22-32-27s-l1600jpg(JPEGImage16001200pixels)Scaled(64).png.ca0e813f544bcbcb9121a63b82902dbd.png

Bare bottoms make for many holes.

12 hours ago, DVee8 said:

Seems quite expensive, but it does look good. I think that's the third one over here now, the guy that brought ours over had another for sale a while back but I don't think it's this one. There's one in the Netherlands but I don't know of any others on this side of the atlantic.  At it's such a parts bin special it's not too hard to find parts, or something close enough to work. Body parts are of course unobtainium but fairly simple to replicate. There's a couple of companies that make disc brake conversion kits for them, as standard it's unassisted drums all round.

14 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I want to get a parts car and this would have been perfect but I think it would be too expensive to get it transported to Norway unfortunately. And driving it home could be fun but as the world is now I do not think it is the best thing to do.

Bring back the Bergen / Newcastle ferry! 😕

I was interested enough to pay for a car check on this. It's a two owner car. 

Can someone give me a ballpark figure on sorting this bodywork out? (Even better, quote me happy).

Apologies for the crap pictures, that's as much detail as I can get from Funtree.

Screenshot_20211211-135608.png

Screenshot_20211211-135831.png

Screenshot_20211211-135938.png

Isn't that just a piece of the plastic side trim (called Sacco bretter iirc) that's gone missing?

w140-jpg.409797

These trim parts don't seem too hard and expensive to find on the ebayz & such: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164019072845?hash=item26304c6f4d:g:2LYAAOSwfiNeEeVR

Personally I would be more concerned with the front wings, they appear to have been painted in a mismatching shade of silver and are rotting in the usual spot (the front corners).

Well, good news about the missing trim (though why is it missing). There does seem to be some mismatched paint but from some angles it looks like one/some of the doors.

I have seen a lot worse rot on W140 wings but yes they would need attention. Parts seem to be available. 

I'm telling myself to wait for one with a bigger engine but then again they don't come up with MoT for £1000 - EVER.

Is it just me or does it look a bit... stance?

Screenshot_20211211-145605.png

2 hours ago, grogee said:

Well, good news about the missing trim (though why is it missing). There does seem to be some mismatched paint but from some angles it looks like one/some of the doors.

I have seen a lot worse rot on W140 wings but yes they would need attention. Parts seem to be available. 

I'm telling myself to wait for one with a bigger engine but then again they don't come up with MoT for £1000 - EVER.

Is it just me or does it look a bit... stance?

Screenshot_20211211-145605.png

Front half is a different colour to the rear, front wing is rusty, it’s far too low, and the rear camber is very broken.