eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

29 minutes ago, goosey said:

My brother was in the same situation a few years ago with a LDV Van he bid on 

After he won the auction the seller messaged him that the head gasket had gone so he couldn’t sell him the Van and he had “sent it for scrap”

only thing my brother could do was leave the seller negative feedback 

Reported it all and ebay agrees that this is against their guidelines. No clue what effect this will actually have on the seller's account though. I currently can't give him feedback "because of a technical glitch".

3 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Sorry to be proved right but they did not even stop the auction. Sometimes looking at an ad you can see what's  going to happen. People can be pretty transparent.

For both buyers and sellers Ebay is  getting very naff and as you say getting worse. They recently asked me to fill out a customer survey where I outlined some of these problems.

I see this morning there is the usual rash of fake ads for classic cars too which is not good.

Presumably now that the Motors section has been added to the non-binding bids category, the seller is no longer legally obliged to sell the car to the high bidder?

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Presumably now that the Motors section has been added to the non-binding bids category, the seller is no longer legally obliged to sell the car to the high bidder?

Nope, unless the buyer is reporting things to ebay, which will probably be of little consequence, they can basically do what they want. At least a few times.

20 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I don't think a seller has ever been 'legally obliged' to do anything on ebay - I know that's what they say about 'entering into a contract' but have you heard of a single instance where a buyer challenged this and was awarded the car? I think that would be pretty big news if it had happened tbh.

13 hours ago, wuvvum said:

It isn't the most precise shift in the world but I don't recall reverse being quite that far back or close to the driver's seat.

13 hours ago, barrett said:

Can any former Stanza owners on here confirm whether the gear lever should ever find itself in such a weird position?

0a12ee0e193e449e88b3fb2c753ce640.jpg

I think he has just left it in reverse when he parked it

1 hour ago, barrett said:

I don't think a seller has ever been 'legally obliged' to do anything on ebay - I know that's what they say about 'entering into a contract' but have you heard of a single instance where a buyer challenged this and was awarded the car? I think that would be pretty big news if it had happened tbh.

Well I remember Mr Bickle telling a story years ago about how a friend of his bid on a Citroën Ami which the seller "forgot" to put a reserve on and subsequently tried to refuse to sell - the buyer went all legal on his ass and got the car, but the brake pipes had mysteriously been cut.  That story may or may not be apocryphal of course.

36 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Nice and good for rust  Subaru L series coupe 1.8GL and with only 151,000km. 35,000 kr or about 2900 pounds.

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=240775026

This is one of my favourite cars of all time! How has it survived in such nice condition? I wish Sweden was still RHD then imports from there would be great

11 minutes ago, MisterH said:

This is one of my favourite cars of all time! How has it survived in such nice condition? I wish Sweden was still RHD then imports from there would be great

It has lived in an area without road salt and with cold dry winters this is what makes it in such good condition. It needs some work but is not much. Is quite common here in Scandinavia that areas with stable cold through the winter do not get salt on the roads and this together with the winters being dry  the cars rust little there.

4 hours ago, Soundwave said:

beginning to wonder how it'd look parked next to my post-facelift R8...

'Better'

I don't mind the grill but prefer the cleaner look of the early cars. 

Pre facelift grill with post facelift indicators and wings looked best - surprised to see this after 'repairing' my son's with what was available locally.

4 hours ago, D.E said:

I love that, but according to some kind soul who has tracked its history, it sold on ebay for 2950. It was relisted, and sold at auction in 2018 for £990: https://www.flickr.com/photos/10631124@N07/41911263381

They've cleaned it up since it was last snapped:

NWR 788D Bedford VAL14 Willowbrook

2 hours ago, garethj said:

Looks mint and the MoT history is a gem, although I’m always suspicious of these really short auctions.

“Please only bid if your genuine. I ideally need the car to be picked up with a couple of days of the auction ending as this is the only time I have off, so please bare that in mind or message me first”

Sounds like he's been pissed about.

image.thumb.png.2b999186df508fac35d7b4939ad7f338.png