eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

Yes! Now the seller better not screw me over and accept that I have won the auction.

Naturally the seller is indeed trying to screw with me now. I know the address and have someone who can be there tomorrow, is there anything Ebay can do for the seller to stop his BS?

IMG_20211205_201735.jpg

5 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Naturally the seller is indeed trying to screw with me now. I know the address and have someone who can be there tomorrow, is there anything Ebay can do for the seller to stop his BS?

IMG_20211205_201735.jpg

Get your mate to roll up there tomorrow teatime (seller more likely to be in) and pretend you didn't receive the message. 

Then ask to hear the engine and ask for details of the fault if he starts with the 'it's developed problems fella' approach. 

35 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Get your mate to roll up there tomorrow teatime (seller more likely to be in) and pretend you didn't receive the message. 

Then ask to hear the engine and ask for details of the fault if he starts with the 'it's developed problems fella' approach. 

I've already told him that I bid on the car with any issue in mind. He's just saying now that he will not sell the car. The issue is that the steaming pile that ebay is doesn't even give you the option to raise an issue if the item you buy is a damn car. That website just continues to go downhill.

51 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

IMG_20211205_201735.jpg

Tell him he can ride along in the boot of the Caddy if he doesn't accept the outcome of his auction.

9 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

Spitfires were shit when new, but that is worse than that..

31 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

I've already told him that I bid on the car with any issue in mind. He's just saying now that he will not sell the car. The issue is that the steaming pile that ebay is doesn't even give you the option to raise an issue if the item you buy is a damn car. That website just continues to go downhill.

Ask someone who has another EBay account to privately message him saying they were to late to bid on the car but desperately want it with cash waiting and ask how much. You will soon see that what he says is utter bullshit!

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

I already know it's just an excuse. Wait until new year and the car will be for sale again with a similar ad. He just doesn't want to accept the final bid. I definitely won't forget about him.

Leave him some really bad feedback. Sellers are not able to leave negative feedback to buyers so you are safe.

The irony is that a lot of potential bidders were probably put off by his comment that he wanted £8K for it.  They will have thought "It's not worth that and he won't want to sell it for less so I won't bother bidding".  If he'd left that bit out he would probably have got more interest and a significantly higher end price.

39 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

The irony is that a lot of potential bidders were probably put off by his comment that he wanted £8K for it.  They will have thought "It's not worth that and he won't want to sell it for less so I won't bother bidding".  If he'd left that bit out he would probably have got more interest and a significantly higher end price.

Very much possible. Just seeing some of his messages, he doesn't seem the smartest person around. Seems pretty consistent with most people I encounter buying my cars and parts on the typical sites...

And yes, he'll definitely get a juicy piece of feedback from me.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:34 AM, lesapandre said:

They say they want £8000 in the ad. So I expect this auction will be halted at some point.

Sorry to be proved right but they did not even stop the auction. Sometimes looking at an ad you can see what's  going to happen. People can be pretty transparent.

For both buyers and sellers Ebay is  getting very naff and as you say getting worse. They recently asked me to fill out a customer survey where I outlined some of these problems.

I see this morning there is the usual rash of fake ads for classic cars too which is not good.

Aye, these days my use of ebay is just for cheap small things from buy it now listings from businesses.

Actually, tell a lie. I recently had a very positive experience buying the wheels for my E36 remotely. They were for sale down in Bristol and were collection only. I messaged the seller asking if they'd be interested in doing a courier. They adjusted the listing to add £40 postage to send them via Paisley Freight, so I bought them. Even with the £40 added they were still an absolute bargain.

11 hours ago, barrett said:

Can any former Stanza owners on here confirm whether the gear lever should ever find itself in such a weird position?

0a12ee0e193e449e88b3fb2c753ce640.jpg

That gear lever position is very Citroen Visa-esque. Or at least the one I drove where 4th was about 4 inches into the seat foam. 

16 hours ago, Schaefft said:

IMG_20211205_201735.jpg

My brother was in the same situation a few years ago with a LDV Van he bid on 

After he won the auction the seller messaged him that the head gasket had gone so he couldn’t sell him the Van and he had “sent it for scrap”

only thing my brother could do was leave the seller negative feedback