eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

'Koch Klassic'

Yeah that car is literally called an 'Autobahn' innit! It's quite a bit bigger than the Hanomag and probably much better. I'd like one of each, please (not that one, I hate the new interior) plus a Steyr Type 50 for the perfect streamlined mitteleuropean 1930s three-car garage.

1511d9fe689966897de9f8db0266bb25.jpg

6 minutes ago, barrett said:

'Koch Klassic'

Yeah that car is literally called an 'Autobahn' innit! It's quite a bit bigger than the Hanomag and probably much better. I'd like one of each, please (not that one, I hate the new interior) plus a Steyr Type 50 for the perfect streamlined mitteleuropean 1930s three-car garage.

1511d9fe689966897de9f8db0266bb25.jpg

And I'd add a fourth garage for one of the Mercedes H (short for Heckmotor, rear engined) models..

mvs_12a.jpg

There seemed to be about 17 different variants of the Mazda 323 in 5 years in the 1990' but they nailed the design with this one.

This has the 2.0 v6, which according to the rev counter goes to 7000 rpm red line.Cool! The sills would want some zooming in on though.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234310738147?hash=item368e0220e3:g:lwoAAOSw9Dthfvvf

2 minutes ago, cort16 said:

There seemed to be about 17 different variants of the Mazda 323 in 5 years in the 1990' but they nailed the design with this one.

This has the 2.0 v6, which according to the rev counter goes to 7000 rpm red line.Cool! The sills would want some zooming in on though.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Phwoar! 😍

11 minutes ago, D.E said:

And I'd add a fourth garage for one of the Mercedes H (short for Heckmotor, rear engined) models..

mvs_12a.jpg

This evoked memories of a story I read a long time ago. About someone here in Norway who owned a rear engine Mercedes from new and it was not seized during the war as these were not so popular. And he was in the resistance movement so as soon as the war was over he was commandeered since he had a car to drive to war-torn parts of Finland and pick up important and secret documents and get home as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I do not remember much more from the other that I think the car is still alive.

Just now, Dyslexic Viking said:

This evoked memories of a story I read a long time ago. About someone here in Norway who owned a rear engine Mercedes from new and it was not seized during the war as these were not so popular. And he was in the resistance movement so as soon as the war was over he was commandeered since he had a car to drive to war-torn parts of Finland and pick up important and secret documents and get home as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I do not remember much more from the other that I think the car is still alive.

That's quite interesting, the wikipedia article explains why they usually weren't seized by the German army:

Because these cars, unlike front-engined sister models, were not widely used, and also not suitable for conversion to wood gas generator, they were not confiscated by the Wehrmacht. Therefore, an above-average number of models survived in private hands without damage due to the war, but most were used to exhaustion in the early post-war years. Today, these cars remain among the rarest and most sought-after Mercedes-Benz models.

22 minutes ago, D.E said:

mvs_12a.jpg

A friend of mine recently bought one of these. They were actually sold here, but as far as I know the survivors were all exported years ago, so I think it's probably the only one in the UK now. I'm yet to see it in the flesh, but it looks nice in pictures

612750070_Screenshot2021-11-30at21_50_56.thumb.png.9ed426ebaf21252c7820cbfdaa9f6445.png

1 minute ago, D.E said:

That's quite interesting, the wikipedia article explains why they usually weren't seized by the German army:

Yes, I also remember now that was the reason. And found the picture of an identical car I think of it in the story. But annoying that I do not remember where I read this and can not find it online so must have been a magazine or book.800px-MHV_MB_W28_170H_01.jpg

32 minutes ago, cort16 said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Wrong - pop up lights was better. Think they made that one between May 89 and June 89.

Maybe pop up lights are only cool if you're old like me?

44 minutes ago, cort16 said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I actually tried to buy one of those last year, in the right colour combo of Emerald Green and Cream interior. Would have bought it too but the seller sold it under my nose before money changed hands, with hindsight I am actually grateful

14 minutes ago, grogee said:

Wrong - pop up lights was better. Think they made that one between May 89 and June 89.

Maybe pop up lights are only cool if you're old like me?

I like a popup lights but alway though they just looked like normal hatches with popup lamps stuck on them. These ones have got style front to back.

1 hour ago, cort16 said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

holy shit if that was closer i'd genuinely have bought it - even with a wolrdofceri transport it makes it a bit unaffordable, i had a few of these in my youth and always wanted the v6 :(

11 hours ago, cort16 said:

I feel like we should invite this chap over here, sounds like he'd fill pages and pages of the Forum with his work keeping his old pug on the road. would 100% read. 

Brilliant advert also - sincerely hope this chap is not messed about selling his motor. 

34 minutes ago, stephen01 said:

I feel like we should invite this chap over here, sounds like he'd fill pages and pages of the Forum with his work keeping his old pug on the road. would 100% read. 

Brilliant advert also - sincerely hope this chap is not messed about selling his motor. 

Definitely auto shite material. I love the 2 wardrobes snap chat type picture .

12 hours ago, grogee said:

I beg to differ. That is lovely

259418198_10165796793040147_7760480715069462403_n.thumb.jpg.cb16c4e31e7ee236e4d1d4aa2c9164f3.jpg

That's perfect. Now I've had mine painted I'm sometimes wary of using it and park as far away as possible in supermarkets etc. This one I could do what I want with. Just bung the dog in the back without worrying about covering everything up, tip runs, B&Q, anything.