eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

21 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Hanomag has made many different vehicles from tractors, construction machinery to trucks and vans. Here in Norway they were very common. Here are some in Norway.

image.thumb.png.de5182580736384d5a28dd337106371f.png

image.thumb.png.d25e8ce6f0fc6c8f682eb169721e41f7.png

Hanomag was also one of the major German car manufacturers before the war.  iirc the Rekord diesel was one of the most common taxis there in the late 1930s.

hanomag_rekord_1.jpg

The Hanomag 1.3 was a very attractive streamlined small car with unitary construction which allegedly inspired the Volvo PV series. Only built for a year before WW2 stopped production. A really, really nice thing. As seen here depicted by the incomparable Bernd Reuters, the king of brochure artwork

8610474193_b2b6162660_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

does look tidy tbh and individual interior, standard lights are only cheap too 

17 minutes ago, barrett said:

The Hanomag 1.3 was a very attractive streamlined small car with unitary construction which allegedly inspired the Volvo PV series. Only built for a year before WW2 stopped production. A really, really nice thing. As seen here depicted by the incomparable Bernd Reuters, the king of brochure artwork

8610474193_b2b6162660_b.jpg

So of course I had to look for one for sale… no luck, but there is this Adler, which I guess was competing with the Hanomag in the autobahn-weapon class of 1939.

F57AA8D0-D7C0-480E-A444-4D473FA8EABC.jpeg.4c9c120fb761487252d34305cab51cd7.jpeg

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/others-others-adler-2-5-l-autobahn-benzin-rot-075e0537-cb3d-4677-9898-1f7ed16d11fc?source=list_searchresults&cldtidx=15&sort=year&lastSeenGuidPresent=true&cldtsrc=listPage

'Koch Klassic'

Yeah that car is literally called an 'Autobahn' innit! It's quite a bit bigger than the Hanomag and probably much better. I'd like one of each, please (not that one, I hate the new interior) plus a Steyr Type 50 for the perfect streamlined mitteleuropean 1930s three-car garage.

1511d9fe689966897de9f8db0266bb25.jpg

6 minutes ago, barrett said:

'Koch Klassic'

Yeah that car is literally called an 'Autobahn' innit! It's quite a bit bigger than the Hanomag and probably much better. I'd like one of each, please (not that one, I hate the new interior) plus a Steyr Type 50 for the perfect streamlined mitteleuropean 1930s three-car garage.

1511d9fe689966897de9f8db0266bb25.jpg

And I'd add a fourth garage for one of the Mercedes H (short for Heckmotor, rear engined) models..

mvs_12a.jpg

There seemed to be about 17 different variants of the Mazda 323 in 5 years in the 1990' but they nailed the design with this one.

This has the 2.0 v6, which according to the rev counter goes to 7000 rpm red line.Cool! The sills would want some zooming in on though.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234310738147?hash=item368e0220e3:g:lwoAAOSw9Dthfvvf

2 minutes ago, cort16 said:

There seemed to be about 17 different variants of the Mazda 323 in 5 years in the 1990' but they nailed the design with this one.

This has the 2.0 v6, which according to the rev counter goes to 7000 rpm red line.Cool! The sills would want some zooming in on though.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234310738147?hash=item368e0220e3:g:lwoAAOSw9Dthfvvf

Phwoar! 😍

11 minutes ago, D.E said:

And I'd add a fourth garage for one of the Mercedes H (short for Heckmotor, rear engined) models..

mvs_12a.jpg

This evoked memories of a story I read a long time ago. About someone here in Norway who owned a rear engine Mercedes from new and it was not seized during the war as these were not so popular. And he was in the resistance movement so as soon as the war was over he was commandeered since he had a car to drive to war-torn parts of Finland and pick up important and secret documents and get home as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I do not remember much more from the other that I think the car is still alive.

Just now, Dyslexic Viking said:

This evoked memories of a story I read a long time ago. About someone here in Norway who owned a rear engine Mercedes from new and it was not seized during the war as these were not so popular. And he was in the resistance movement so as soon as the war was over he was commandeered since he had a car to drive to war-torn parts of Finland and pick up important and secret documents and get home as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I do not remember much more from the other that I think the car is still alive.

That's quite interesting, the wikipedia article explains why they usually weren't seized by the German army:

Because these cars, unlike front-engined sister models, were not widely used, and also not suitable for conversion to wood gas generator, they were not confiscated by the Wehrmacht. Therefore, an above-average number of models survived in private hands without damage due to the war, but most were used to exhaustion in the early post-war years. Today, these cars remain among the rarest and most sought-after Mercedes-Benz models.

22 minutes ago, D.E said:

mvs_12a.jpg

A friend of mine recently bought one of these. They were actually sold here, but as far as I know the survivors were all exported years ago, so I think it's probably the only one in the UK now. I'm yet to see it in the flesh, but it looks nice in pictures

612750070_Screenshot2021-11-30at21_50_56.thumb.png.9ed426ebaf21252c7820cbfdaa9f6445.png

1 minute ago, D.E said:

That's quite interesting, the wikipedia article explains why they usually weren't seized by the German army:

Yes, I also remember now that was the reason. And found the picture of an identical car I think of it in the story. But annoying that I do not remember where I read this and can not find it online so must have been a magazine or book.800px-MHV_MB_W28_170H_01.jpg