eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 hours ago, barrett said:

Pocket-money Princess: when did you last see an MoT'd Wedge for £1500?? Comes with the rare distinction of being spotted by me (on different wheels) a couple of years ago. Lovely.

259543103_10161591958778761_615459328906

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1311215779321598/

That is worryingly close to me. I am not responsible enough to guarantee that I won't buy it

44 minutes ago, MrBiscuits said:

Everything looks better on rostyles - even if those will be totally the wrong offset for fwd

Offset of MGB rostyles is not that different to BL's fwd offerings of the 70s & 80s.  Hence their common usage on Allegro (where I have to admit I don't like the appearance), Maxi, Princess, Ambassador and even my own Maestro van!

1 hour ago, grogee said:

That is worryingly close to me. I am not responsible enough to guarantee that I won't buy it

1 hour ago, barrett said:

you'd quite literally be FUCKING STUPID not to buy it

If he does, he won't have money or space left over for that CX he's just started fancying.....!

43 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

"CX" and "money left over" are not words one often hears in the same sentence.

The CX's I thought I'd found for sale are no longer for sale. AFAIK there are no saloon CX's for sale in the UK at the moment, well there might be mental money KGF Cars ones but nothing in my shiting territory.

I am happy to be corrected...

However while there are no CX's the imaginary money in my pocket is burning a hole in my imaginary trousers and that's why my head is being turned by BL stuff.

Princess has Hydrolastic suspension which is the same*** as Citroens anyway

<dons tin hat>

26 minutes ago, grogee said:

The CX's I thought I'd found for sale are no longer for sale. AFAIK there are no saloon CX's for sale in the UK at the moment, well there might be mental money KGF Cars ones but nothing in my shiting territory.

I am happy to be corrected...

There's a 2-litre 1981 Athena for sale at £5000 in Surrey, and will be coming into VED-exempt territory BUT is LHD, so that's probably not going to fit your requirements. 

7 hours ago, D.E said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403312040314?hash=item5de745597a:g:1nQAAOSwdB9hnApD The shitest E Type? Cosmetically challenged Series III with autobox.

s-l1600.jpg

It's not until you see it with the hard top on it, do you realise that the E-Type is incredibly overhyped style wise.

5 hours ago, AndaBoss said:

I didn't think they did a 2.0 litre version of the coupe, they're usually with a 2.5 (Rover) or 2.7 (Honda) V6 engine. 

I bet Richard Madeley has this on a watched eBay thing, but he can't see this as he's too busy eating bugs to get away from Judy to see it. 

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Would be VED-exempt.

WCPGW? GIB.

Thanks @wuvvumand TT. I would use the excuse that I'm holding out for a post-facelift model with plastic bumpers, although that white one looks quite nice if you ignore the rust stains.

I'm after more of a 'rolling project' than a complete basket case, though the delineation between the two is fuzzy at best. 

That one is historically interesting though, being a dizzle. Obviously the French were way ahead of UK on those but I can't imagine many 1980 passenger car sales were diesel.

"It is saveable if you're a skilled welder and fabricator"

I'm not even an unskilled welder. 

On 11/22/2021 at 10:29 AM, Nullzwei said:

Low mileage although the drivers seat bolster wear and shiny steering wheel seem a bit at odds with that. Spectacular caramel interior and jrg? exterior combo.

In fairness... How fat you are does make a difference. A heavily obese friend has broken his new Fiesta's seat already through just being enormous and I reckon some people have horrible sweaty hands or some weird steering wheel gripping technique that causes the shine. Hold it with one finger like me and you'll be fine 😎