eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Fairly low-mileage Mk2 Golf in Brixton for £1,000. At least I thought it was. Just read the description and they actually want £3,500. They just wanted a free listing.

Though the ad doesn't mention it, I'm guessing it's a ULEZ-forced sale.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111189718671

d48e009180fb49cbb8ff07d4508f62d8.thumb.jpg.6614743c33100a46ef67ab0a1ca4e82b.jpg

2 hours ago, D.E said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265411336445?hash=item3dcbbf98fd:g:s00AAOSwAm1hlk54

s-l1600.jpg

Edit: so this guy has a Twingo, Avantime, Cube, and a Fiat Coupe?  That's ace.

I like this, but a £500 starting price is too steep for an MoT failure + the inevitable pain in the arse getting cheap-at-point-of-sale parts from the EU landed here. 

£250 and I'd be trailering it home tomorrow. I have long wanted a ruined TRwingo but my preference would be for a purple Périphérique spec with nary a straight panel on it. The 5/9/11/whatever earlier wheel trims are a nice touch. 

TL;DR - like it but I'm not paying that, he clearly wants more for it than £500. 

7 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

I have long wanted a ruined TRwingo but my preference would be for a purple Périphérique spec with nary a straight panel on it. The 5/9/11/whatever earlier wheel trims are a nice touch. 

If I had another Twingo I'd want it to be a properly early one from when they were only available in about four colours and proper basic spec with no electric windows or intermittent wiper and a 2-speed heater blower.  Canvas sunroof is a nice option though and I think they were available from the start of production.

11 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

I like this, but a £500 starting price is too steep for an MoT failure + the inevitable pain in the arse getting cheap-at-point-of-sale parts from the EU landed here. 

£250 and I'd be trailering it home tomorrow. I have long wanted a ruined TRwingo but my preference would be for a purple Périphérique spec with nary a straight panel on it. The 5/9/11/whatever earlier wheel trims are a nice touch. 

TL;DR - like it but I'm not paying that, he clearly wants more for it than £500. 

I reckon it's still very cheap. The days of bargain Twingos are disappearing quickly, and I can't see anything that requires Twingo-specific parts on the MoT. I'd be more worried about the welding, but that fail could literally mean anything from a pinhole to a total lack of rear floorpan, but then TADTS

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

If I had another Twingo I'd want it to be a properly early one from when they were only available in about four colours and proper basic spec with no electric windows or intermittent wiper and a 2-speed heater blower.  Canvas sunroof is a nice option though and I think they were available from the start of production.

Yep, a launch car is the way to go. Didn't know they had no intermittent wipers though, that seems pretty mean! Then again, no cars have intermittent wipers anymore so maybe they were just ahead of the game?

Mine would probably be vert coriandre and would need to have a full set of proper trims, and be in mint condition. I'll have one some day, before the prices go totally mental.

I know it's an auto, but are these still really this cheap?

s-l1600.jpg

Sounds like it's had more than the asking price spent on it recently. It is an auto though, did I mention that?

s-l1600.jpg

This is one of those cars which I wouldn't have looked twice at a few years ago, but the styling has really come into its own I think

s-l1600.jpg

A fucking auto though ffs!! Everything else about it is wonderful, though, and it won't be long before we're all moaning into our pints about the glory days of cheap V8 Porsche ownership

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175026906941

10 minutes ago, barrett said:

s-l1600.jpg

Sounds like it's had more than the asking price spent on it recently. It is an auto though, did I mention that?

s-l1600.jpg

This is one of those cars which I wouldn't have looked twice at a few years ago, but the styling has really come into its own I think

s-l1600.jpg

A fucking auto though ffs!! Everything else about it is wonderful, though, and it won't be long before we're all moaning into our pints about the glory days of cheap V8 Porsche ownership

It's brown. That's all that matters. GIB.

12 minutes ago, barrett said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Fam, most 928s are autos. Very very very few were manual, although it was an option. 

I love that, but I couldn't stand adenoidal foamers telling me that it 'had to' have Pasha seats every time I got out. 

14 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Fam, most 928s are autos. Very very very few were manual, although it was an option. 

I love that, but I couldn't stand adenoidal foamers telling me that it 'had to' have Pasha seats every time I got out. 

Fuggin' three speeds, too! What were people thinking?

It would also be significantly better if it did have Pascha, too... *ducks*

I respect the sheer dedication of the owner of this Chrysler because they've spent the best part of £2000 on an almost full respray (along with other unspecified work) only to be left with an almost completely undesirable, LHD, car with a fucked  gearbox.

56391400_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.1633e0bf447b30ce47b3a0b8679cb0dc.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175027823138?hash=item28c078a222:g:dJAAAOSwPBNhlm7V

7 minutes ago, barrett said:

Fuggin' three speeds, too! What were people thinking?

It would also be significantly better if it did have Pascha, too... *ducks*

Pascha, sorry. 

Try owning an SVX, and watch every po-faced cunt quote that fucking Jalopnik article. 

Yes, dipshit, I have something that would take yards out of an SVX. It's called a fucking Impreza Sports Wagon and it cost me less than it would to convert an SVX to manual and completely ruin it. Next! 

22 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Pascha, sorry. 

Try owning an SVX, and watch every po-faced cunt quote that fucking Jalopnik article. 

Yes, dipshit, I have something that would take yards out of an SVX. It's called a fucking Impreza Sports Wagon and it cost me less than it would to convert an SVX to manual and completely ruin it. Next! 

You've got it easy. Try hanging with the Palladium bores. 'Oh, centre gearchange model? How quaint'. 'Timkin rear axle? Mine's a Moss old chap'. It never stops!

1 hour ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Why would you want to do that anyway?  The auto suits the SVX just fine - it's not a sports car.

2 hours ago, Isopon said:

I respect the sheer dedication of the owner of this Chrysler because they've spent the best part of £2000 on an almost full respray (along with other unspecified work) only to be left with an almost completely undesirable, LHD, car with a fucked  gearbox.

56391400_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.1633e0bf447b30ce47b3a0b8679cb0dc.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175027823138?hash=item28c078a222:g:dJAAAOSwPBNhlm7V

@brownnova your not still looking for a WBoD are you? :) 

(I mean you have multiple 2CV's so im sure screaming along at 60Mph doing 4000RPM will be no problem for you right? LOL)