eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, The Vicar said:

Is it a polo rebadged or an audi50? 

I must say that's how I like to see cars modified. Subtle and mental at the same time..

Advert is proper shit though. 

1 minute ago, cort16 said:

I don't think I've ever seen one of these in real life. It's rusts AF obviously

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284523061321?hash=item423ee56049:g:-RwAAOSw-jhhit-Z

5 hours ago, MisterH said:

That moment when one of your absolute dream cars pops up

Image 1 - Subaru Leone Coupe 1.8 4WD Turbo, EA82 engine, Not Impreza WRX, Rare!

Then realise you don't like the A-pillars to come with "brown seasoning" 

The only other one I have seen for sale was one that went through Mathewson's auctions at the end of 2019. It was love at first sight as I hadn't known they existed before and I love the idea of performance cars that weren't very good, as I still like to enjoy them 

2 hours ago, grogee said:

Saab local to me is making my Spidey sense tingle, it may be worth saving and it's nicely bASe. Note 'interior environment ceiling enhancement'.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/saab-9000-spares-or-repair/1418884060?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20211110-165831.png

Screenshot_20211110-165851.png

I think that was owned by @Supernaut of this parish unit recently.

14 hours ago, Isopon said:

I think that was owned by @Supernaut of this parish unit recently.

Yup.

It never switched its headlights on by itself when I had it!

Neither was the driver's door trim loose, either. I refitted it properly after repairing the external handle.

No mention of the dodgy clutch either, and they want how much for it?!

On 11/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, brownnova said:

End price was £820 which seems high to me. Was it you? Please say you got it

15 minutes ago, cort16 said:

My mate's dad had one that looked identical to that, brand new. IIRC it had factory sat nav, which was a Becker head unit which shouted instructions but didn't display anything.

I just imagined Rover halting the production line for a Brummie with a hangover to scotchlock a head unit in because it wasn't plug and play on the loom

2 hours ago, cort16 said:

Crikey. I don't think I have ever seen an interior of these before. Looks like the budget for that was about 80p.

Must have spent all the rest on the pointy facelift.

3 minutes ago, Poweredbyhopealone said:

Crikey. I don't think I have ever seen an interior of these before. Looks like the budget for that was about 80p.

The other 20p you mean?

2 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

My mate's dad had one that looked identical to that, brand new. IIRC it had factory sat nav, which was a Becker head unit which shouted instructions but didn't display anything.

There were two levels of sat nav available on the 75 - the cheaper one just shouted directions at you, the posh one (like wot I've got) had a central screen with a map.  Not really room for a double din screen in the 45 dash though.

38 minutes ago, Poweredbyhopealone said:

I've heard it said that the 25/45/75 facelifts were massive cost reduction operations, for obvious reasons. Not sure any of them came out looking better than before. And I imagine some serious corners were cut to 'gedditdone'.

Still, I hear the directors did well out of it, so Rover's demise wasn't all bad news. 

</irony>