eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

52 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

....for twice the Brightwells price?

I just double checked - neither the RR or VP sold at Brightwells on 28th - Reserve not reached I guess

https://www.brightwells.com/classic-motoring/past-results/classic-vintage-past-results/past-results-28th-october/

Ooh yeah also this sold for £33K (so not autoshite - certainly not tat)
https://www.brightwells.com/lot-details/543826
Slide 2

44 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

That 900 has been in my watch list all week - managed to resist the temptation so far though.

I once had a 99 with a T16S engine from a 9000 Turbo fitted, so it is perfectly feasible, if a little torque steery.

Me too, hopefully it rockets in price at the last minute so I can justify not bidding 😁 

I have seen a couple of 16v conversions in 99s, but they aren’t a common sight. I bet your old 99 was fun!  The one listed is a 1985 car, so could be either 8v or 16v. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Classic Impreza values are a one-way street. £5k for a Sport is deluded though. Shave at least £2.5k off the price and maybe. 

I was seriously tempted, insurance is only about 1k for an 18 yr old (which is damn good) 

It is a long way away, I have committed in my mind to an Audi 80/90 quattro, but also aware that I need a car I can rely on...

18 minutes ago, MisterH said:

I was seriously tempted, insurance is only about 1k for an 18 yr old (which is damn good) 

It is a long way away, I have committed in my mind to an Audi 80/90 quattro, but also aware that I need a car I can rely on...

You're tempted at £5k? 

You'd be the coolest 18 year old out there if you did buy it, to be fair.

20 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

You're tempted at £5k? 

You'd be the coolest 18 year old out there if you did buy it, to be fair.

Oh no, I was tempted, before I took a closer look and I didn't feel like arguing with a dealer who thinks he's the shit most likely. And it is a long way from me

Well ironically I had the most powerful car in the 6th form car park in the form of a Rover 220GSi twin cam, which I always thought was quite a nice claim, although me being me I kept it quite quiet. Indeed I was always quite careful with powerful cars, @Skizzer was shocked to hear of my restraint when he reviewed the car. I would probably be the coolest 18 year old in my own romanticised mind tho 🤣

Most people of my generation treat their cars as appliances and would just get something new with toys on finance, tho  a large portion of them get sentimental and give them names, odd how that works

23 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

....for twice the Brightwells price?

Same vendor offered me £1500 for my Morris Minor, which I subsequently sold two weeks later for £2750. No comment. 🙄🤪🤦🏽🔥🔥🔥

Edited by Bamboocarman
Update selling process timeline.