eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1988-vw-jetta-gti-16v-rare-car/29633156

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3Mi

88 Jetta 16v GTi, dare I say reasonably priced at £3650? Its very cool in my eyes 

8v GL 1.8 on Weber carb almost as good, if you can find one. Also not quite as affected by scene tax.

2 hours ago, Schaefft said:

I had a Taurus of that generation with the same engine.  It was a surprisingly competent car.  Plus it had a superb red velour interior.

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I had a Taurus of that generation with the same engine.  It was a surprisingly competent car.  Plus it had a superb red velour interior.

I had a white Sable of that generation, also with the 3.0 V6.  It actually was a lovely competent car, while it was going right.  And it certainly didn't cost me £1100 with no MoT; in fact it had a fresh one!

Ask @Bobthebeard!

35 minutes ago, D.E said:

Private plates similar to this combination (R8 LRM, for example) seem to have asking prices in the range of £800-1000. Wouldn't this have a similar value then, or doesn't it work that way?

No, 'private plates' are nothing of the sort, its just the VRM from a pre-registered car (as you know), the value is if the letters mean anything to anyone, then there is a value, the plate on the Audi is in reality worth a couple of hundred quid, there's lots of silly money asked for worthless shite where the previous owners has paid hundreds or thousands to get the 'dream' plate and then found that its worthless to anyone else, I've just bought one from here as it was Y4 CSU becuase the last 3 letters are the initials of my missus (i.e Caroline Sarah Underwood for example) the R8 plate you mention would look good (in some peoples opinion) on an Audi R8, just like M3, M4 etc would be good on a BMW.

Also, you never actually own the VRM, it belongs to the DVLA and can in theory be removed at any time.

As an aside, anyone with a BO55 XXX plate is a cunt.