eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 minutes ago, Sham said:

I believe they are a little like Poland, they rely on snow ploughs and winter tyres...  not covering the entire landscape in salt.

Though, I'm happy to be told how clueless I am.

Most of Norway is heavily salted now but areas where it is too cold are not salted. These areas are declining but still exist. And everyone drives on winter tires here and the roads are plowed as we usually get between 0,5 to 2 meters of snow in the winter some places even more.

9 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

seeing as a UK old car only has to sniff salt to dissolve, just seemed amazing as they were in great condition

Cars also rust a lot here now thanks to the road salting. So no one drives old cars in the winter if they want to take care of them. So they probably have not seen winter use in a long time.

1 hour ago, Sham said:

I believe they are a little like Poland, they rely on snow ploughs and winter tyres...  not covering the entire landscape in salt.

Though, I'm happy to be told how clueless I am.

Once it gets too cold no amount of salt will melt the frozen water. 

http://rochdale.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-transport/gritting-and-winter-service/Pages/salt-myths-facts.aspx

Lower than minus 10 is pointless grittingbwith salt. Lower than minus 20 and salt water will freeze. 

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Fuel (petrol and diesel) is not a problem to get hold of. And are mostly the cities that are not so friendly to cars. In rural areas, petrol and diesel still dominate, and cars are vital there. And Norway is expensive but with a little planning it is possible to travel here without it being too expensive.

Ah thank you, definitely one to do then, just seeing the footage from No Time To Die has made me very lustful for those roads, from what I have seen, the Norwegians deserve a lot more credit for fantastic roads than they get IMO

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Especially if you can't do without alcohol. 

Luckily I don't drink, but I do find food useful

8 minutes ago, MisterH said:

Ah thank you, definitely one to do then, just seeing the footage from No Time To Die has made me very lustful for those roads, from what I have seen, the Norwegians deserve a lot more credit for fantastic roads than they get IMO

I made a thread earlier this year with pictures from various trips and more. If you have not seen it, there are some pictures from Norway there.

2 hours ago, 2cvspecial said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194460394964?hash=item2d46be25d4%3Ag%3AYuwAAOSwxPBhc~Ps&LH_All=1 

IF YOU ARE THE SHITER KEEPING IT LOCAL TO REG AREA - GOOD ON YOU !! ! :):)

My old car. Sold it to my mate last year, so it stayed within 10 miles of me. F8975CE5-4404-4DB6-86AF-A3EE16F191D0.thumb.jpeg.1962238ae5f5607080a8d73ac10076cc.jpeg

Not my ad, but I can’t overstate how clean it is. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/986842075433163/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A48f9a779-0429-45fa-bdf1-47cadc30a322

i got the Dinky toy station wagon version of one of these.

my little diecast one of these isn't anywhere near as nice as this real one is.

No photo description available.

21 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Rural Norway is very nice and can highly recommend road trips here.

Agreed. We went a couple of times, in 2000 and 2002. Wonderful roads, not very busy, amazing scenery.

Doesn't matter that there's no direct ferry from the UK nowadays, just take a road trip via Holland, Germany, Denmark and Sweden.

12 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

They should have called it the overhang.  Any hint of a slope and the rear end would scrape along the tarmac. 

6 hours ago, sickboy said:

It’s a Taunton reg, and I bought it from Bridgwater. So always stayed within 30 miles of its origin. 

Yeah my old Rover 220GSi was a Taunton car, bought it from Glastonbury, kept it in Winchester, sold it recently to a guy from Gloucester so its back in the general area 

IMG_0431.JPG

17 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

Google suggests 1972