eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

@dome, make sure you stay off the booze tonight - here's another modern diesel Renault with a floppy clutch pedal going cheap.  Bit of a trek from you mind.

s-l1600.jpg

Its okay this one is closer although it's the wipers rather than the clutch that's pumped.

246942089_4558282644229248_1199851040092

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/391838532585500/

1 hour ago, cort16 said:

Its okay this one is closer although it's the wipers rather than the clutch that's pumped.

246942089_4558282644229248_1199851040092

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/391838532585500/

Don't fancy trying to fix the wipers on one of those - they're a separate motor on each wiper controlled by a computer, rather than a traditional linkage.  This can lead to amusing* issues like when the passenger side wiper on mine decided to stop at the top of its sweep for a bit - the driver's side carried on going on its own for a few sweeps until the passenger side rejoined the party.  I don't relish the thought of trying to chase down the cause of a total failure.

13 hours ago, D.E said:

I love the period 1970's-1980's pressed metal plates on that

you really dont often see vintage retro-reflective on something that old with a non suffix mark and I love it :) 

(but you just know they will probably be the first thing to get binned off when it gets restored/recommissioned) 

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Don't fancy trying to fix the wipers on one of those - they're a separate motor on each wiper controlled by a computer, rather than a traditional linkage.  This can lead to amusing* issues like when the passenger side wiper on mine decided to stop at the top of its sweep for a bit - the driver's side carried on going on its own for a few sweeps until the passenger side rejoined the party.  I don't relish the thought of trying to chase down the cause of a total failure.

Why was that the solution ? What additional requirement, above, must clear water and ice and bird shit off as much as the screen as possible, drove such pointless complexity. 

3 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I love the period 1970's-1980's pressed metal plates on that

you really dont often see vintage retro-reflective on something that old with a non suffix mark and I love it :) 

(but you just know the poor thing will get platebummed within a week of sale) 

FTFY

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294470749451

Image 1 - Rover 220 SLi

Hm. 

Image 10 - Rover 220 SLi

:grin: 220SLi! 

Seller seems to have a good sense of humour too, and his description makes reference to Jalopy... 

someone needs to show his this site!!!!!

9 minutes ago, D.E said:

Well I don't think that they are "getting rare"[er] than they were 20 years ago - in fact the increase in value has probably significantly slowed the rate of attrition.

Quite a few for sale at the moment - not a particularly great steer and this one will probably need many ££'s and a large chunk of time. Frankly there are better things to do than live in the 50's...I had one years ago when they were £50 and nobody cared . The almost contemporary Audax Minx is a much better car if you fancy something from the 50's.