eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

18 minutes ago, Isopon said:

This one is nice but a little pricey. And can not be a 1.8 engine that the seller says as this radiator was only for the 1.6 engine but can be wrong. They are great cars but may seem like they are a bit unloved they are also the most AS Audi model I can think of so strange there are not more here.

7 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

This one is nice but a little pricey. And can not be a 1.8 engine that the seller says as this radiator was only for the 1.6 engine but can be wrong. They are great cars but may seem like they are a bit unloved they are also the most AS Audi model I can think of so strange there are not more here.

Eh, the Audi 50 (good luck finding one!) and modernish shite A2 come close!😁

52 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Yes I agree. I wonder what a 50 is like. Since these 80 are very cheaply made so would assume a 50 is even worse? Or better it depends on how one sees it.

The 50 was a bit of an oddball model in the 1970s Audi range. It was introduced before the (cheaper) Polo I and life of the 50 was cut short when it was decided Audi should become the brand of bigger, more luxurious cars. Both the Polo I and the 50 were notorious rustbuckets, and adding to that the 50s relatively short production run and lack of succes explains why it's almost extinct. 

11 minutes ago, D.E said:

The 50 was a bit of an oddball model in the 1970s Audi range. It was introduced before the (cheaper) Polo I and life of the 50 was cut short when it was decided Audi should become the brand of bigger, more luxurious cars. Both the Polo I and the 50 were notorious rustbuckets, and adding to that the 50s relatively short production run and lack of succes explains why it's almost extinct. 

Checked and is only 1 Audi 50 for sale on mobile.de. But unfortunately it is not original.

$_20.jpg

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=332550004&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=1900&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=50&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1980-12-31&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sfmr=false&fnai=prev&searchId=5ef3d6c8-ceec-2abd-a195-fb63719e822f

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I am after either a quattro or a sport, as to my eyes those are the best of the bunch. I know our WR quattro is liable to rust and those had some rust protection* so I imagine the 80s are worse? either way its a fight to get one with the VAG-cultists after them now

1 hour ago, MisterH said:

I am after either a quattro or a sport, as to my eyes those are the best of the bunch. I know our WR quattro is liable to rust and those had some rust protection* so I imagine the 80s are worse? ...

Fully galvanised bodyshells came in with the C3 100 from September 1985, but I don't know if that subsequently extended to the rest of the Audi range at that time. 

4 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Free Volvo F 408 in Lofoten Norway with 3 speed automatic transmission. So does anyone want an epic road trip by driving this home?

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/b2b/truck/ad.html?finnkode=231125946

SLOW drive home with a 3 speed auto!!!

9 hours ago, MisterH said:

I am after either a quattro or a sport, as to my eyes those are the best of the bunch. I know our WR quattro is liable to rust and those had some rust protection* so I imagine the 80s are worse? either way its a fight to get one with the VAG-cultists after them now

I  do not think that the Audi 80 B2 is directly bad when it comes to rust, but they rust like all old cars. And do not think that 80 B2 was ever galvanized as B3 was. The biggest weakness I have learned that the 80 B2 has when it comes to rust is the front mounting to the rear axle so it needs to be checked carefully. And so should the rest of the car due to age.

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I  do not think that the Audi 80 B2 is directly bad when it comes to rust, but they rust like all old cars. And do not think that 80 B2 was ever galvanized as B3 was. The biggest weakness I have learned that the 80 B2 has when it comes to rust is the front mounting to the rear axle so it needs to be checked carefully. And so should the rest of the car due to age.

If it is anything like the quattro, then check the A-pillars on yours as they can go easily 

9 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Fully galvanised bodyshells came in with the C3 100 from September 1985, but I don't know if that subsequently extended to the rest of the Audi range at that time. 

The quattro had some that was mostly effective, however it was only one post 85 cars and each was handbuilt so no 2 cars are the same, some rust horrifically, some are fine 

22 hours ago, D.E said:

If I had a unit, that's exactly the sort of crap I'd buy and slowly work on getting running again, with something idiotic like a drivetrain out of a Fiesta 1.1, or an XUD.