eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

11 hours ago, barrett said:

I reckon this looks pretty good for £800, given the way Panda prices have been going. What do you lot reckon?

210645813_2932354403647358_1385483529328

Oh, how about now?

210159943_2932354486980683_2266196399445

It's even got turquoise seatbelts! I've never seen anything like it, but I reckon it's amazing. I'll probably go and have a look this week, anything I should be looking out for?

Looks a good buy, all about the shell, engine & running gear reasonably bulletproof and fixable/available if not. Expect the bottoms of those doors to be far worse than they look - they rot inside to out, and the worst of the regular rust areas are the seams in the rear arches, seat belt mounts, and around the rear suspension mounts. Also check sills to floorpan and jacking points. Trim stuff and RHD specific bits hard to source, sold them for nearly a decade on the continent after they stopped here, so things like headlights or dash parts getting scarce.

Interior is a nice one, Fizz edition iirc. Used to be fairly common back in the day. Wears really well as I think the green parts are a kind of vinyl finish rather than the usual cloth.

@barrett Just found the full ad, have a good prod at that driver's side sill, just looks odd to me, drain holes look wrong.

14 hours ago, Rod/b said:

It’s in Cornwall you say, I’m surprised the seller didn’t mention it…

I can imagine the fact that it's on eBay is that he's been fucked around.

Probably about 20 people all bid on it,  when he asked them to come collect they were like "Der, Wear is Kornwall? Der der. Is it neer Lundun?"

14 hours ago, Longbridge Apologist said:

That interior. Wow. Just, wow.

18 hours ago, egg said:

14 hours ago, Soundwave said:

It's like the carpet you'd find in a bowling alley. Magnificent. 

Isn't the whole point of those sort of patterns that you can urinate/drop food/drool/spread dog turd/throw your pint all over it and it still looks just as good*? Grim. 

Another Mk1 Mondy... this one's an MOT fail, although apparently nothing corrosion-related.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/308434564395078

May be an image of car and outdoors

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

• Stop lamp(s) remains on when the brakes are released all (4.3.2 (a) (iii))
  • Oil leaking continuously from engine posing a serious risk to road safety (8.4.1 (a) (ii))

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Supplementary restraint system warning lamp indicates a fault (7.1.6 (a))
  • Nearside Windscreen washer jets misaligned and not providing sufficient fluid to the windscreen (3.5 (a))
  • Nearside Front Position lamp not working (4.2.1 (a) (ii))
  • Front Direction indicator incorrect colour both sides (4.4.3 (a))
  • Registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of a single lamp or all lamps all (4.7.1 (b) (ii))
  • Offside Front Outer Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))
  • Headlamp has a product on the lens so that the light output is severely reduced both sides (4.1.4 (b))
  • Headlamp aim projected beam image is obviously incorrect both sides (4.1.2 (c))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Hydraulic leak, but not excessive power steering pump damp in fluid (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Front Inner Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge both edges (5.2.3 (e))
  • Offside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge both edges (5.2.3 (e))
  • Rear Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing both sides (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

5 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Another Mk1 Mondy... this one's an MOT fail, although apparently nothing corrosion-related.

mostly the normal stuff. The oil leak may well be the oil pressure switch, if it is an easy fix (if you have a ramp, that is).

On 8/11/2021 at 10:43 AM, Asimo said:

I have seen that "for sale" quite a few times now. Usually the advert has a daft price and you find that the person is looking for parts. Not sure if they have given up and decided to sell, or perhaps they have finally found the missing parts.