eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

11 hours ago, TheOtherStu said:

I got super excited - thinking that it really was a Prince Skyline. As you say, it seems to be a bastardisation made for the export market.

For those that don't know, originally the "Skyline" wasn't actually a Nissan thing at all, it was a company called Prince. They made a crappy model in the 1950s but in 1964, someone decided to lengthen it and throw their 2 litre engine in and start racing them.

I think both these statements are a little reductive, no?

Firstly, it IS a Prince Skyline, not a 'bastardisation'. As far as I know, the export cars where no different to the home-market cars. They were sold in Norway, probaly other Scandinavian countries and probably the Netherlands, and possibly built as CKD kits in Belgium too. As you say, the two-litre cars were alwasy rare and I doubt any were exported, so any European survivor is going to be a cooking 1500cc version - but just the same as the ones sold in Japan and other parts of Asia.

Also, saying Prince made a 'crappy model in the 1950s' is a bit harsh. The company had been building cars and heavy & light commercials since the end of WW2 at least. The 1950s models were a significant cut above what most Japanese makers were churning out at the time - certainly better than anything Nissan could come up with. Prince launched the Skyline, the Gloria and the Homy van, and was developing a small fwd city car which became the world-beating 100A Cherry when it was subsumed into Nissan in the late 1960s. Not to be sniffed at, eh?

Do not paint.

Image 11 - Consul Capri

Image 111 - Consul Capri

Well maybe a bit of paint and perhaps a washing machine side with some Isopon Bridger.

Number plate valued any 3k - NOT INCLUDED IN SALE. 

I wonder if the seller knows you need an MOT to plate rape?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174854185038?hash=item28b61f204e:g:FK4AAOSwVWtg-tIH

Daihatsu Materia, £1295 in London

Let's run through some things that make for an appealing ad

1. Make sure you've removed the salvage auction markings from the screen
2. Include the whole car in the photo
3. Take the photos in an attractive area, ideally where the nearby properties have glass in the windows
4. Make sure the interior is clean and tidy, with no dubious stains on the seats

OK, never mind then.

materia.thumb.jpg.3a8e49e9362b9a890bc47633c1bc329f.jpg

materia2.thumb.jpg.c1cbd562c5abcee9c585aded53837d4e.jpgmateria3.thumb.jpg.7bbc0ef46ce8f969a68d7c2f20d3097e.jpg

Want something speedy yet looks dull?  This Corolla makes 140bhp at 6200 rpm, but keep going to almost 8000 revs and it makes 190😳

The engine was also used in the Elise so it’s basically a 4 seater Lotus👍
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Toyota-Corolla-1-8-T-Sport-VVTLi-Recent-Clutch-Tyres-Starter-Battery-/174846442878?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

image.thumb.png.525b9c566e49afd2d012ae406e6b1756.png

5 minutes ago, garethj said:

Want something speedy yet looks dull?  This Corolla makes 140bhp at 6200 rpm, but keep going to almost 8000 revs and it makes 190😳

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Toyota-Corolla-1-8-T-Sport-VVTLi-Recent-Clutch-Tyres-Starter-Battery-/174846442878?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Cheap. Should shine up with a valet. I'd like one, probably more practical than a Celica and probably less prone to rot. 

27 minutes ago, garethj said:

Had one of these at work. Was very rapid through town, and it was the car for that environment. Take it on a long run on a motorway, and it was a different kettle of fish. Seemed to rev too high at 70mph, and I was always searching for another gear.

The car equivalent of a Kawasaki SX1000.

19 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Had one of these at work. Was very rapid through town, and it was the car for that environment. Take it on a long run on a motorway, and it was a different kettle of fish. Seemed to rev too high at 70mph, and I was always searching for another gear.

The car equivalent of a Kawasaki SX1000.

This 100%. I bought one from Bristol a couple of years back purely as a donor setup for my MR2 - a project which didn't happen due to finances being required for new baby boy instead. The Corolla was brilliant at lower speeds and for sheer acceleration.  The sound of lift kicking in was addictive. On a long run though, the gearing was bloody ridiculous. I still keep looking from the corner of my eye for another cheap* donor...

I still wish I'd had the opportunity of sticking the 190 in my '2 though. 

38 minutes ago, garethj said:

These things are awful. I've said before how bad they are after buying one by accident blind at auction.

They are just a shit Corolla with a one trick party piece. Even then at 8250rpm and 189bhp (actual figures) they are still shit. 

Had my identical year and colour as this one 3 months. Quite comical first 20 or 30 times it hits lift then you realise it's not actually that fast and is still shit. 

Even just a 225bhp megane destroys these for fun in every way possible.

36 minutes ago, Agila said:

Even just a 225bhp megane destroys these for fun in every way possible.

Except perhaps reliability?

I disappeared down a particularly enthusiastic slagging match on Pistonheads about these cars and it’s not really a hot hatch so shouldn’t be judged as such.  It’s a slightly savoury Corolla that goes faster past 6000 revs.

That doesn’t make it a bad car

8 hours ago, wesacosa said:

I have always had a thing for these, but the 4 speed holds me back, and of course I would like a well specced one, It did only come with a 4 speed didn't it (I don't do Autos)

7 hours ago, garethj said:

Apparently the rear subframe can rust on Octavias but there’s an easy way of checking.  Do the back wheels look like this?

image.thumb.png.145d144dd0ecb8c1692f7c4b6db31a9b.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/skoda-octavia-4x4-SPARES-OR-REPAIRS-/164969129523?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Few, I was looking at one which had some frames that looked really brown and crusty, but the wheels didn't look like that so its fine* 

17 minutes ago, spike60 said:

Have we had gem yet? Early Porsche 944 with the roof cut off and Ferrari badges.  I thought FHC was fixed head coupe but this doesn't look very fixed.

1983 Porsche 944 Lux FH 2dr Coupe

spacer.png

1983 Porsche 944 Lux FH 2dr Coupe Petrol Manual | eBay

PORCH ENGINE

Ah, bollocks. If it'd had the carport or conservatory engine, I'd've been all over that.

23 hours ago, Matty said:

In so many ways, that's lovely!  I won't be buying it though.

1: I've got no money.  Big hitch.

2: It's described as "a CF, not a CF2" when a CF2 is precisely what it is.  Which makes it too young for me anyway.  Plastic front.

3: It runs "from a can... two good spare fuel tanks included."  Alarm bell.  How much more work would I be buying before it can be used on the road?

4: Looks lovely in red, doesn't it?  But that paint is somewhat younger than the metal under it.  Inside the box and under the hood it was a white van.  Why is it now red?  What's hiding?

But at least it has the right engine, the 2.3 petrol slant.  And the frame around the back doors looks a whole lot better on this 40-year-old van than on my 11-year-old original.

Thank you for spotting it though!

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

That looks good.

It is from a dealer , this is good news. The exporting side is easy from a dealer, especially if you are trailering it away.

Let me know if you want to contact them, I could try asking some question for you.

Hopefully you understand the UK import side !