eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

£1250.   WCPGW?

"HAS ELECTRICAL ISSUE WHERE IT ISN'T REGISTERING WHAT GEAR IT IS IN. ENGINE GOOD GEARBOX GOOD"  

Do I need to care about that?  As long as it drives etc..

These are a nice tidy shape, before they got facelifted. Money-pit or sound investment?

image.thumb.jpeg.07b423ea307a2b8f992de8ee2e34925e.jpeghttps://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107134959855

3 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Yes it is that engine but I do not find much information about it. But what I find most frightening about this is that some parts seem impossible to get hold of as rear shock absorbers for example and that is a problem.

Rock Autos in the "great" US of A. Had a major problem trying to find suitable rear shocks for my MGB that weren't foooking ridiculous expensive as it had been previously converted from lever arms. Cost about a third of the price from Rock, delivered in about a week.

13 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Rock Autos in the "great" US of A. Had a major problem trying to find suitable rear shocks for my MGB that weren't foooking ridiculous expensive as it had been previously converted from lever arms. Cost about a third of the price from Rock, delivered in about a week.

I have checked and Rock auto also does not have rear shock absorbers for these. I have now checked all the places I know of and no one has. On Autodoc, they come up in parts search but no one is in stock. And I think what other parts can it be that are impossible to obtain for these? We have similar to MOT on all cars here newer than 1959 and it is strict so lack of parts can take a car off the road for good. Must probably let this one pass which is a shame..

Another car I have looked at that is close to me is this 1978 Ford Fairmont estate with strait six engine and manual transmission that I like. And only 55,000 miles but it is unfortunately too expensive for me right now but it has been for sale for a long time so could be lucky. It's for sale for £ 3,700.

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Given how amazing* the Reg Spheres' Horsebollox is, imagine how mindblowing* it would be to drive the literally double the magnitude Dodge 100? I presume the jaunty camera angle is because it's a tipper. 🤣 2000 BINs, Poole.

217135330_10157728718612723_288251668694

5 minutes ago, MrGTI6 said:

I must admit I really like those base model Dacias! And that looks dirt cheap for such a late car. Mind you, that timing belt must be on borrowed time at 122k!

You'd hope the belt wouldn't be too expensive to do one one of these. It would be a nervous drive home though.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, willswitchengage said:

Smart Crossblade. No reserve. I thought this was just a concept car, but apparently they made a few. Looks awesome.

rec10648-15_1.jpg

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/sa076-lot-16672-2002-smart-crossblade?el=16672&pn=1&pp=100

I took part in the first l2b Smart run. A couple of these and some fire engine spec ones came along,

There was one of those Smart thingies at a local car show I went to a couple of years ago, predictably driven by a fat middle-aged man. I spent quite a long time looking at it in detail and I can safely say it is the most embarrassing vehicle I've ever seen. I reckon you'd look less of a pillock driving one of those Banham Bat things. The worst bit is there is nowhere to hide, you're fully on display for members of the public to point and laugh as you drive by. Absolutely tragic.

Anyone like 340s? I went to see this today. I probably won't buy but the seller is a really sound guy. The ad kept getting uploaded to / deleting from Gumtree every few hours for some reason but it's still for sale. He quite happily let me test drive it around with him just sat outside his flat! Drives well, service historyish, but genuine one owner since new. It was a fun car but is very UV damaged and the bodywork is a lot work than it looks. No rust though. Exhaust is blowing but he said he's going to try and put it through an MOT.

Screenshot_2021-07-17-11-47-59-388_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.391eef84b6a453502d0d753182a317a4.jpg

Screenshot_2021-07-17-09-11-28-357_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3596dbab139c301c6413bd76980be676.jpg