eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

Surely you need an Amphicar to go with this.

Yes, I've read the advert and it has space for an outboard motor, but doesn't actually have one. And I assume you lose the chassis when you go watering but I love the idea of an Amphicar towing this along. And trying to reverse park. 

Chassis is permanent fixture to best of my knowledge.

I think it's just a centrifugal clutch and some sort of torque converter, like a preselector, so it's 'neutral' at idle speeds and controlled by engine revs. Should be good in theory but I can't believe anything that complex built by half-cut men in Coventry smoking Woodbines and wearing shop-coats could actually function properly in the real world

1 hour ago, anonymous user said:

Did that have some weird system using iron filings and electromagnets? Or was that the Routes group?

Easidrive! It used a 'magnetic powder' that could be troublesome. It was definitely available on the Minx and probably other Rootes products as well.

1 hour ago, adw1977 said:

1982 Vauxhall Cavalier Mk2 1.3 2-door, very rare car, barn stored 25 yrs

z.jpg.c607d9248afb1c81280cbe83d106e972.jpg

TWO DOOR Mark 2 Cavalier, I didn't think there were any left!  Only available for a few months in 1.3 base flavour only.

Current bid: £343 - Reserve not met

Ebay link

These have always fascinated me since I saw one for sale a while back, like the 2 door Sierra in the UK, it has always been a bit of a unicorn, are there any 2 door, UK market Sierra 2.0iS's left? 

Seems a missed opportunity to not have a 2 door SRi...