eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

2 hours ago, Conrad D. Conelrad said:

The car is fitted with 2.2 diesel engine of the type used in Mercedes C and E class, which is virtually indestructible and over all the lifespan (upto 350k mls) doesn't need any attention apart from regular oil&filter change.

Well, the OM646 is reliable, but nowhere near indestructible.

Source: my forum handle

On 6/26/2021 at 11:42 AM, TheOtherStu said:

I competely forgot about Minden (How could you forget? My Dad worked on that estate for years).

I assumed that being "SEB" it was a private reg not putting 2 and 2 together (most Bury cars as you probably know are RT and BJ, with GV and DX etc. being reserved for Ipswich and the other side (God, I'm nerdy about these things).

From a very young age, I had the ladybird book which showed you how to spot where a car was from, from the registration Pre-1983.

I blame my parents for buying me an I-Spy car reg book!

50 minutes ago, BeEP said:

'Chip car'

'One issue' - helpfully they do not elaborate on said issue.  Does have 8 months MOT though, and asking price of £250 is chip enough.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/peugeot/chip-car/1408651561

Chip car

That's chip as cheaps!

I just did some Googling on that Smiths Transit as it seems like a brilliant idea and in theory might be a very easy fix.

The reality seems to be that they're borderline unfixable with next to no parts support, tend to randomly stop charging (as per the one above) and have very little charger support.  Could be a fun gamble if it stays cheap, mind.

47 minutes ago, phil_lihp said:

I just did some Googling on that Smiths Transit as it seems like a brilliant idea and in theory might be a very easy fix.

The reality seems to be that they're borderline unfixable with next to no parts support, tend to randomly stop charging (as per the one above) and have very little charger support. 

So an ideal addition to the Kiltox fleet then.