eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 6/21/2021 at 10:11 PM, 17-Coffees said:

I have a massive soft spot for this gen of Monty Carlos! The proportions are all wrong for starters and styling doesn't seem to match up. I get they were aiming for that 'retro' touch but it just fails. Couple up with it being a early 2000's product...I just love it! The facelift on the other and really sobers up the styling, also offering a V8 to the line up too! (FWD too yo!)

Personally love that one, if I'd seen that a few years ago. Who knows... 🤩

I honestly think that this gen Monte Carlo is the peak of GMs early 2000s design misery. Its just around the time where the auto industry (and GM) decided that sleek and well proportioned wouldn't do anymore, and therefore started to introduce odd shapes to make things feel more unique (its really a bit like post modernism, its much more obvious and successful with other brands though, like BMW (yes), Citroen, Renault, Nissan,...). GM combined this with proportions inspired by Nascars which resulted in an utter abomination that fortunately was removed from the face of the earth when the slapped the '06s Impala front end on it (resulting in it looking like a fairly bland family sedan). It still boggles my mind how this made it through all the sign-offs needed to get a design to production. At least they were bullet proof.

Just now, Tadhg Tiogar said:

...and anyway, those Ronals are all part of the 80/Coupe/Quattro scene tax thing, so the asking prices are more than the feckin' car in some cases.

I was able to find some for sub 500k, I don't think the Audi Scene tax is as big as the Dagenham one, in fact I know it to be