eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Probably the worst advert I've seen for a while.  But no facts to debate. £1000 for an 84k 2.5 is a reasonable price. Looks clean from the one picture. 

I bet the last car they sold was in 1998 via Manchester evening news. When you paid per word. 

When you first register on eBay now, you automatically get a user name like that, think it's based on part of your e-mail address and a load of random characters, then once registered you can change it to something sensible (or not bother, as in this case)

20 minutes ago, Agila said:

That's quite an achievement considering they just punched the keyboard when setting up the ebay username.

Screenshot_20210607-100001_Samsung Internet.jpg

16 hours ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

The sum total of the description

Makes me wonder if I'd ever be able to buy a car that is what it isn't. 

192504219_1653986121466677_2093091815925

I have several cars that are what that isn't and I could be persuaded to part with one for the right price👍

19 minutes ago, MisterH said:

image.thumb.png.2c66d844286841d0769701341a272e64.png

@SkizzerIs this the same model as yours? I seem to remember the VX2300 was the new name for the VX4/90, or maybe I am wrong about that? either way would look good on Rostyles...

Mine’s similar but not quite the same. They gave the range a very mild facelift for 1976 and rebadged it VX, dropping the Victor name.

The VX4/90 model, with Rostyles and twin carbs and stuff, was also dropped, but reintroduced in around 1977.

Mine’s a 2300S, which was a runout special edition pre-facelift, and isn’t badged either Victor or VX. Single carb.

Great how Vauxhall’s brand people really had their shit together back then.

2 hours ago, Skizzer said:

Mine’s similar but not quite the same. They gave the range a very mild facelift for 1976 and rebadged it VX, dropping the Victor name.

The VX4/90 model, with Rostyles and twin carbs and stuff, was also dropped, but reintroduced in around 1977.

Mine’s a 2300S, which was a runout special edition pre-facelift, and isn’t badged either Victor or VX. Single carb.

Great how Vauxhall’s brand people really had their shit together back then.

At least they never lacked ambition , this is a styling clinic for the proposed Ventora replacement , ok it was meant to have either the Opel CIH or a V8 , but the competitors are a bit of a stretch.

5A9BD39E-AADF-4071-8AA4-632E8CFA1E74.thumb.png.bfa36406e014ccd65aecd7909e42a763.png

As for the re-launched VX 4/90, apart from brochures I’ve never seen one or even a magazine test or feature.

If they ever existed, presumably they were soon broken for the 5 speed Getrag box to put in 2.3 Chevettes and Vivas.

17 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

As for the re-launched VX 4/90, apart from brochures I’ve never seen one or even a magazine test or feature.

If they ever existed, presumably they were soon broken for the 5 speed Getrag box to put in 2.3 Chevettes and Vivas.

One came up at Brightwells 18 months ago, @Stevebrookman posted it here: 

But yes, I agree they were like hen’s teeth new and must be almost extinct now. I can’t recall ever seeing one in the wild.

2 hours ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Rare early MX5

g.jpg

Ha! I saw that earlier and thought 'I should read up on that car' as there is no information on the listing. I remembered vaguely they were Reliant-based but nothing more. There is a great website dedicated to them, and predictably the bloke who built them is a grade-A nutter with some very Brexity overtones. Here's a good quote:

"During the motor show, a team from Japan spent most of the show on our stand. Within 3 months of this visit, they had started a development programme with mission statement that looked very much like our press release. To date, they have sold one million of them, and this shows the viability of the Cipher design."

Cos you always here people describing the MX5 as 'a modern-day Stevens Cipher' or 'A Stevens Cipher for the '90s' etc

14 minutes ago, barrett said:

Ha! I saw that earlier and thought 'I should read up on that car' as there is no information on the listing. I remembered vaguely they were Reliant-based but nothing more. There is a great website dedicated to them, and predictably the bloke who built them is a grade-A nutter with some very Brexity overtones. Here's a good quote:

"During the motor show, a team from Japan spent most of the show on our stand. Within 3 months of this visit, they had started a development programme with mission statement that looked very much like our press release. To date, they have sold one million of them, and this shows the viability of the Cipher design."

Cos you always here people describing the MX5 as 'a modern-day Stevens Cipher' or 'A Stevens Cipher for the '90s' etc

Yes, and nobody else ever made a small two seat open roadster with pop-ups and Minilites so they must have copied him.

I’m astonished Mazda didn’t stick with the facelift Marina rear lights, to be honest. They go so well with the doorhandles.

On the subject of kit cars, quite tempted to get a slightly tatty Douglas Leopard JBA Falcon one day.

Having based my professional* career on the Clive Owen character in Chancer, apart from the bit when he was in prison (so far), it only seems right to have the car to go with it.

72691574-92FB-4EE8-851A-EA6BFB89A0E9.thumb.jpeg.278eee5c4a045e679df49645b1f72777.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morgan-Style-JBA-Falcon-/294215396542