eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

I have a thing for mark 1 Cavaliers at the moment, especially with RoStyle wheels. I always thought that my mum and dad should have bought one of these in 1.6 or 2.0 form when in 1986 the Royale 2.8 had to be sold due to high running costs.

Image 01 - 1979 Vauxhall Cavalier Mk1 2.0 GL

Cavalier 2.0 GL

That one was up for sale last year, seems a bit off to me

1 hour ago, ProgRocker said:

I have a thing for mark 1 Cavaliers at the moment, especially with RoStyle wheels. I always thought that my mum and dad should have bought one of these in 1.6 or 2.0 form when in 1986 the Royale 2.8 had to be sold due to high running costs.

Cavalier 2.0 GL

Ā 

59 minutes ago, MisterH said:

That one was up for sale last year, seems a bit off to me

That's in my village (Outwell) and has sat outside the local filling station (sellers are based out the back) for ages wearing a hopelessly optimistic Ā£5995 price in the windscreen.Ā  How they've managed to make it look roughly one colour in the photos I don't know; it certainly doesn't in the flesh!

48 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

Cavalier 2.0 GL

My dad had one as a company car - hated it! Every time you drove through a puddle it conked out. He was over the moon when they came through with a Cortina instead.

3 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Is the steering that vague that it needs a compass in front of the speedo?

Not vague, just unnervingly light. I had a long conversation with the previous owner of that car a while back, as he wanted to buy my 404. He is a Norwegian and that was his wedding car in Norway, he had it for 15 years or something and drove it to the UK when he moved here. I think it might even have been his first car which is pretty cool.

23 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

I'm no expert on these, but the image of a Badger's rear end has just come to my mind.

I hope you're referring to the terminally-rusty blue estate and not the carefully-preserved, aged-like-a-fine-wine 99% rust-free hatchback which anyone on this forum would be proud to own?

5 minutes ago, FabergƩ Greggs said:

The sum total of the description

Makes me wonder if I'd ever be able to buy a car that is what it isn't.Ā 

192504219_1653986121466677_2093091815925

Ā 

Seems to have been sitting there quite a while, on French plates too.

If that rotbox could be made road legal again, registering it could be fun*.

Meh, it's already road legal, it's from 1978. Registering a Citroen is easy whether it has a CG or not, the club will do a letter for free if you're a member.

I mean, I definitely wouldn't, that thing is a complete shed but I guess importing a good one from France probably isn't viable anymore so who knows? The fact that it's an Ami, it's cheap and it's only a couple of miles from me and I HAVEN'T bought it should tell you all you need to know, though. In other words, it is what it is.