eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Just now, Skizzer said:

Yes, although a friend who ran a C-reg Audi Coupe Quattro (so the 2.2 5-pot but minus turbo) as a cheap banger in the mid-90s, and really drove it, reckoned the downside was you never quite knew which end was going to break away first.

Not sure how big an issue this is in reality.

Having experienced how it feels going at 70 on a wet road (my father isn't afraid to enjoy it) it does stay planted so long as you respect its limits and don't aquaplane it, as far as I know, 4WD excels where the wheel itself is useful as a means of propulsion, so dry, wet, but not Ice or standing water, although it is safer than the other types. 

In terms of engineering, the quattro is a bit of a parts bin special, I think they engineered the 4wd system using the gearbox of the Iltis jeep, audi 200 driveshaft and the Polo FWD set up, but may be wrong on that, a polo was there somewhere🤣

43 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

Yes, although a friend who ran a C-reg Audi Coupe Quattro (so the 2.2 5-pot but minus turbo and wide arches) as a cheap banger in the mid-90s, and really drove it, reckoned the downside was you never quite knew which end was going to break away first.

The relatively short wheelbase Audi Coupes still had that glorious but long and heavy 5 cyl. engine cantilevered out in front of the front axle and that must have led to a lot of lift-off weight transfer: from much understeer to much oversteer. 

Real road-car 4WD means you are going much faster when you crash! 

11 minutes ago, Asimo said:

The relatively short wheelbase Audi Coupes still had that glorious but long and heavy 5 cyl. engine cantilevered out in front of the front axle and that must have led to a lot of lift-off weight transfer: from much understeer to much oversteer. 

Real road-car 4WD means you are going much faster when you crash! 

Yeah we have got an original LWB quattro which is great to drive and look at, but always thought the sport quattro (or hunchback horror as I call it) just looked like it was spinning a 360 while standing still, gives me shivers 

On 5/21/2021 at 8:05 PM, outlaw118 said:

Does anyone want a kidney? One careful* owner. This is cheap at £5700 but still got 2 days left. Yum. Walton on Thames.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294174273029?hash=item447e272e05:g:oosAAOSwfCZgRz8H

2003/53 Alfa Romeo 156 3.2 V6 GTA 4dr Manual

Long time lurker / first time caller.

A 2.5l nearly ruined me 20 years ago, but couldn’t help myself when this popped up.

Thank you for years of giggles.  Here’s to many more.

D7EFB826-0C6F-4E0A-9F0F-81D86CCFF90B.jpeg