eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Can’t help feeling that without the banded, chromed VX 4/90 Rostyles , it’d be just another FE.  

Front grille is different too, same as the VX4/90. 

And of course, not forgetting the auxiliary instruments, the wood and that 3.3 litre lump. 

5 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Can’t help feeling that without the banded, chromed VX 4/90 Rostyles , it’d be a much less wanky FE.  

EFA.

Ventoras don’t require fat tyres for more grip. Squealing the skinny tyres is the only fun to be had in an FE, unless your passenger is feeling frisky.  (Which is pretty unlikely to be brought on by the Vauxhall.)

1 hour ago, R1152 said:

Front grille is different too, same as the VX4/90. 

And of course, not forgetting the auxiliary instruments, the wood and that 3.3 litre lump. 

Oh, I’m aware of what makes it a Ventora, just not what makes it worth£16k , to be honest that 3.3 boat anchor with an auto box , just reduces the mpg. I’m sure the performance figures for 2.3 Victors, VX4 /90s and Ventoras are all pretty much the same.  Just checked and yes all 3 posted 12-12.6 second 0-60 and only the Ventoar could just break 100 mph.

As such a value of about £7/8000 for a nice one is about it, maybe £10k if that ludicrous low mileage can be proved.

The sweet spot would be a late VX2300 GLS or maybe a 2.3 Victor fitted with brushed nylon Ventora seats and a cassette player- where could one possibly find such a beast? That would surely be worth every penny of £16,000.

4 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

Oh, I’m aware of what makes it a Ventora, just not what makes it worth£16k , to be honest that 3.3 boat anchor with an auto box , just reduces the mpg. I’m sure the performance figures for 2.3 Victors, VX4 /90s and Ventoras are all pretty much the same.  Just checked and yes all 3 posted 12-12.6 second 0-60 and only the Ventoar could just break 100 mph.

£16k does seem a bit steep.

Same performance figures as a Mk. IV Zodiac then - wonder how the Mk. 1 Granny compared? At least the Ventora didn't have that fragile piece of shite known as the "Essex V6" powering it...

To be honest, I think Vauxhall lost their way a bit with the styling on the FE - my godfather had an 1800ES FE in yellow with a black vinyl roof and all the options, It also bore the plate NEW 14M, which would occasionally get an 'E' added in the dirt to make NEW 14ME.

1231576180_Screenshot_2021-05-31VAUXHALLVICTOR-CheckMOThistory.thumb.png.66232614bb59799cfc21c91d255e252a.png

I much preferred his white 2000SL FD - PEW 58K.

And no, I can't remember what I had for breakfast... 🤔

SC430s aren't the sexiest, sportiest thing, but lose the vinyl and scoop on the bonnet, get the chrome painted to match the body and you've got a quirky, reliable little car with a V8 that's going to lose you very little over the summer.

Maybe.

At least it's a proper colour.

9 hours ago, BeEP said:

This looks ok for £995 (albeit described as immaculate with what appear to be dents in both rear wings)...

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1334770

1988 Mitsubishi Colt For Sale (picture 1 of 12)

1988 Mitsubishi Colt For Sale (picture 9 of 12)

I had one identical to that about 10 years ago.  It was a competent if rather uninspiring car, although I remember the steering being particularly heavy.

Edit: Not quite identical, mine was a 1.5.