eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

30 minutes ago, BL Bloke said:

I'd say it was a late Mk2 with a retrofitted quartic wheel. 

Absolutely this.  Mk3 launched late 79, the car in question registered August 79.  I even have the correct steering wheel for it; shame Liverpool's so far away!

1 hour ago, Asimo said:

"....A Rare classic car that will soon be a future collectors car....."

Think that's over-egging the pudding a touch. It is definitely a shiter's car at a shiter's price, though.

Right.  

No "I would if I could" or "My wife would kill me" or "4 cars is already too many".

Just look it.

Image 1 - 2001 Skoda Octavia Elegance Auto 1.8T 20v

Image 3 - 2001 Skoda Octavia Elegance Auto 1.8T 20v

Image 8 - 2001 Skoda Octavia Elegance Auto 1.8T 20v

Image 11 - 2001 Skoda Octavia Elegance Auto 1.8T 20v

Offered for sale is my late mother’s Skoda Octavia in the rare colour of Atacama Beige. Elegance spec which included climate control, sun roof, arm rest, one touch window, sunroof, alloys etc. 

I have known this car most of its life, and was my mother’s pride and joy. She loved any gold cars and this was no exception. Purchased new from Central Garage Towcester the first owner kept it until it’s 5th birthday when it was traded in for a new Octavia. It has been in the family since 2006, with my mother in the final few years. 

The car is a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing - with the very lively 1.8T 20v engine coupled with an auto box as fitted to mk4 golf GTis. It certainly shifts when you want it to, in an unassuming OAP beige kind of a way. 

Come on.  This would make a great AS bike. 

That's a remarkable colour and a very odd but quite appealing spec.  I am biased somewhat, but I do think the Mk1 Octavia is one of those cars which is just about all the car you could ever need - 1.8T goes exceedingly well, diesels do 50mpg+ all day, huge boot, drives really nicely, reliable in my experience aside from a few VAG foibles (looking at you, central locking) and - in my humble opinion - quite a handsome thing.

I had quite fancied a VRS but they stated to get asked for silly money now.  3 year cambelt/water pump interval a bit of a pain but nice retro looking cars. Nearly bought a nice yellow one last year but couldn't be arsed going to the Isle of White to fetch it, but given anything equivalent is being offered at double the price now I wish I had