eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

8 hours ago, Burnside said:

MK1 Fiat Uno SX with no Mot. Shame I haven't the cash for a project, as I've always wanted one in this spec.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265165615019?hash=item3dbd1a2fab:g:cbwAAOSwbzdgpP4i

Image 1 - Fiat uno sx70 1987 1 owner low miles

Only just up the road from me.  If you (or anyone else) does want to save it I can fetch it back here for a short time whilst collection logistics are sorted.

55 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

Have you not? I've heard good and bad. They're a nice, smooth engine with plenty of power - very competitive in its era. 

Of course there is the renowned head gasket problem but otherwise they are pretty good. 

They can have serious K series tendencies....

13 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

That FB needs to be yellow... ;)

Many, many years ago whilst on holiday we rolled up to a nursery in our Zodiac and found ourselves parked up next to a Honey Gold and white FB estate, which was immaculate. At this point the owner and his wife turned up and suddenly the conversation turned to FB Victors - our Zodiac having replaced a 62 Super in Moonlight? Blue back in the days of the 73 Oil Crisis... 

Hey look at this, our old 24C is coming up for auction at ACA
IMG_6179.jpg

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/sat-26th-sunday-27th-june/1966-panhard-24c/

And so's our Hotchkiss-Gregoire!

IMG_6163.jpg

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/sat-26th-sunday-27th-june/1952-hotchkiss-gregoire-lhd/

That one looks like it's suffered quite a bit since we sold it, but it was a brilliant car and fully sorted

ahg1.thumb.jpg.1154ff85aef2bce156f794af104978f5.jpg

Really tickled me to think these two ended up with the same owner (who is now presumably sick and tired of them)

14 hours ago, Soundwave said:

I can only assume this is either a typo with the price, or a potential serious bargain which has probably already gone. Weirdly, the photos have modern cars in the background yet have the appearance of being taken in the early 80s. MOT ran out in January.

fd77eb898d124fb8b023e83c63a374ee.jpg

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105202877168

How much was it? It's also in the next ACA sale at £4-6k

2 minutes ago, barrett said:

How much was it? It's also in the next ACA sale at £4-6k

Was on AT at £995. Ad was up for less than a day!

Either the ad was taken down to a mistake with the price, or someone's just done one hell of a flip...

30 minutes ago, barrett said:

With the best will in the world, outside of this website the market for a Peugeot 604, even at £995, is probably about three people, two of whom would only want to banger race it. I would have thought about £1200 was the right price for one of those, but what do I know?

Are there any non-bangered survivors left? That loathsome sport has a lot to answer for

1 hour ago, Soundwave said:

Less than 700 miles from new? Or has it been around the clock? Looks like it'd polish up OK either way though.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4325129684186327

No photo description available.

I was doubtful, the but lack of grot underneat and minty fresh drivers seat base don't look like they've seen 100k miles... Could it be the real deal?

2 hours ago, barrett said:

With the best will in the world, outside of this website the market for a Peugeot 604, even at £995, is probably about three people, two of whom would only want to banger race it. I would have thought about £1200 was the right price for one of those, but what do I know?

A few years ago I would have agreed with you.  Nowadays though the market for almost anything '70s / early '80s seems to have gone completely daft.

1 hour ago, bezzabsa said:

One for the AS aquatic division

pure kwality, not sure if he owns it, or is taking a punt no one will ask !!

aye aye captain!!

Image 1 - shetland Orkney type cabin boat - needs a clean and work - project boat

Hmm maybe we shouldn't use the AS Aquatic division....ASAD...not sure I fancy and Rockets being lobbed my way LOL

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I'd prefer to think it was the former - their phone would have been hot enough to ignite a bush fire within 10 minutes of the ad going up so they will probably have realised that they'd seriously underpriced it.

Can only hope this is the case.  Maybe they just entered £995 as a default price, in the same way some FB sellers list stuff at £500 or whatever to grab attention.