eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

9 minutes ago, MisterH said:

Me too, they have entered and exited the top 3 wanted cars several times now, but their reputation for being undergeared makes me uneasy, though I get the impression they are better than the equivalent Cortina...

I had a Mk1 Cav 1.6L (which also came from Bedford funnily enough) and I don't recall that being particularly undergeared, at least not by the standards of the time.  It certainly wasn't screaming its knackers off at 60 like the Viva was.

Have you bought any small vehicles recently? Smart car? Peugeot 106? Mini?

Have you had any trouble fitting the LARGE and CUMBERSOME paperwork inside the car? MOT won't fold?

Well, there's finally some good news! 

Screenshot_2021-05-18-21-02-32-27_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.thumb.jpg.c09921a38dc9f1a0c035969be0e80540.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-12-1-18-1-24-1-32-Diorama-Garage-MOT-Checklist-Test-Certificate-Log-Book-3FREE-/393243539388

5 hours ago, MisterH said:

Me too, they have entered and exited the top 3 wanted cars several times now, but their reputation for being undergeared makes me uneasy, though I get the impression they are better than the equivalent Cortina...

They are pretty under geared, but once you get used to the "skeleton wanking in a metal filing cabinet" soundtrack, you realise that you're not actually thrashing the thing all that hard .

27 minutes ago, 4wheeledstool said:

They are pretty under geared, but once you get used to the "skeleton wanking in a metal filing cabinet" soundtrack, you realise that you're not actually thrashing the thing all that hard .

Not sure eloquent is the right word, but very memorably put, and actually quite informative. I don't think you'd hear even Clarkson trying to get away with that one...

That might actually find it's way onto my profile page, as one of my favourite pieces of advice

23 hours ago, High Jetter said:

You know those racks of numbered, single-sided keys you used to see in key-cutting shops? I have accumulated a few*. In rural Ireland, house keys used to be sold like that.

I've not heard of pre-cut house keys, but the Wilmot Breeden ones were used on garages as well as cars.   My parents garage had a lock that used one of the FS keys.

I remember seeing a stall at the Tatton Park Autojumble which had a rack of Wilmot Breeden keys. 

When I was into collecting keys I managed to get a few Wilmot Breeden ones.

4 minutes ago, cort16 said:

@SiC you wanted a cheap mini didn't you?

TBH my brain can barely process it.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144042481944

From the front it looks like the hideous lovechild of Kryten from Red Dwarf and a Smurf.