eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

3 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Have you saved it yet?

Unfortunately, while I am many things, I have yet to invent a Tardis, which I am sure everyone agrees is the no.1 thing on a Shiters need list. At the moment I only have outside space, and that Alpine would, rather fittingly, become swiss cheese in no time! 🤣

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

They're much misaligned. My father owned one and he liked it that much that he went on to stick to the brand and bought two Horizons in succession. 

I think you mean they're much maligned although your version amused me and may well also be true. My Dad had an Alpine too and must have liked it enough for his next car (and the first I can remember) being a metallic blue Horizon 1.3. EVW310Y never put a foot wrong but I can still recall that noise 34 years after it was traded in. The new 309 1.6 Sr  he replaced it with was SO FUCKING QUIET.. 

Edit: Hadn't noticed Barrett beat me to it! 

8 hours ago, barrett said:

Fucking hell that Alpine is INCRED. I really, really, really, really want that.

Me too. I’d love a Chrysler-badged Alpine, S is the ideal spec and that one doesn’t look too fucked. Nowhere to put it though.

They’re not bad cars; the engines are noisy and 60s tech from the Simca 1100, but reasonably effective and the car as a whole is comfy and practical, if not especially exciting. They sold like gateaux chauds in France.

I like them because they are just so handsomely proportioned and look amazing with white plastic bumpers.

17 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

Me too. I’d love a Chrysler-badged Alpine, S is the ideal spec and that one doesn’t look too fucked. Nowhere to put it though.

They’re not bad cars; the engines are noisy and 60s tech from the Simca 1100, but reasonably effective and the car as a whole is comfy and practical, if not especially exciting. They sold like gateaux chauds in France.

I like them because they are just so handsomely proportioned and look amazing with white plastic bumpers.

Ikr, I am somewhat of an oddball on Volvo 480 Club Europe for loving the cars with the black bumpers, just as long as it doesn't have the black rubbing strips:

Now is the right time to buy this Volvo 480 ES - PetrolBlog

🤢

I agree that the Simca Alpine (sorry) is an extremely well styled car, not to exciting, but not dull enough to be a total turn off. In other words, how boring should be done

Thank @320touring for bringing this to my attention, as he was interested in it.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/mercedes-benz-250d-diesel-a-saloon-1993-2497-cc-4-doors/1405067005

$_86.JPG

Good luck getting hold of the seller, though! We both tried!