eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

12 hours ago, richardmorris said:

By the power of Jackie Stewart’s tartan underwear drawer. That looks cheap for a droop snout compared to the equivalent fords.

Oh how these are such a turn on, was it just a Viva hatch with a droopsnoot or did it have some mechanical tuning?

1 hour ago, MisterH said:

Oh how these are such a turn on, was it just a Viva hatch with a droopsnoot or did it have some mechanical tuning?

"The Sports Hatch limited edition did not share the uprated 2279cc slant four engine with the HP Firenza Droop Snoot model, but instead was fitted with the standard tune single carb 2279cc slant four engine and running gear of the Magnum. Also included in the standard specification was the famous "seven dial dash", Avon Safety Wheels and a distinctive paint finish in a then brand new Vauxhall "Extra Dark Wine" (only available otherwise on the brand new for 1976 VX 2300 GLS model) which was complemented with bright red striping and highlights. This model was always rare with 197 vehicles being completed and is now highly collectable. Vauxhall marketed this car as a "hatchback", since it was coming under increasing pressure from new European models such as the Golf that were hatchbacks. However, the Sportshatch shared its bodyshell with the Viva Estate (which was only ever produced in a two-door plus tailgate configuration)."

35 minutes ago, Billy - Medhurst said:

"The Sports Hatch limited edition did not share the uprated 2279cc slant four engine with the HP Firenza Droop Snoot model, but instead was fitted with the standard tune single carb 2279cc slant four engine and running gear of the Magnum. Also included in the standard specification was the famous "seven dial dash", Avon Safety Wheels and a distinctive paint finish in a then brand new Vauxhall "Extra Dark Wine" (only available otherwise on the brand new for 1976 VX 2300 GLS model) which was complemented with bright red striping and highlights. This model was always rare with 197 vehicles being completed and is now highly collectable. Vauxhall marketed this car as a "hatchback", since it was coming under increasing pressure from new European models such as the Golf that were hatchbacks. However, the Sportshatch shared its bodyshell with the Viva Estate (which was only ever produced in a two-door plus tailgate configuration)."

Thank you, sounded like it was quite pokey then, would be fascinated to see what a VX2300 GLS would look like in that colour though...

16 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

If you want the Vauxhall equivalent of borniteidentities latest toy (and don’t mind doing a few repairs)

look no further:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265149191012?hash=item3dbc1f9364:g:IMMAAOSweolgknKF
image.thumb.jpeg.44726447b06ab7af0bea97a3125ed43e.jpeg

Where is Cavcraft when we need him?

I hope the in car entertainment is included:

image.thumb.jpeg.7f19cb5922be61ce02ec8744d58dab3a.jpeg

My god that's grim. 

Absolutely diabolical photography skills, and needs some attention from the sparkly stick... but I've always had an odd fondness for these little grey imports. Manual box too, for extra points - most have the somewhat temperamental tiptronic transmission.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/531780141169387

May be an image of car and outdoors

(It's just peeping through the gate, it's obviously shy.)

8 minutes ago, WillCarter said:

Have we had this one yet? An Accent Saloon is something I'm not entirely sure I knew existed.

s-l1600.jpg

Those prefacelift ones look so so so much better than the facelifted versions- there's one down the road serving as a courtesy car for the local MoT garage. It's hideous [ly excellent].

5 hours ago, Vincent Velocette said:

So nice innit. I went to have a look at this when it was for sale back in 2019 for considerably less cash, and walked away. I remember the sloppiest gear change of ever, some crustiness underneath at the back, some welding on the inner wings, some stuff like missing brake back plates that put me off. All could have been sorted now of course. 

17 minutes ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

So nice innit. I went to have a look at this when it was for sale back in 2019 for considerably less cash, and walked away. I remember the sloppiest gear change of ever, some crustiness underneath at the back, some welding on the inner wings, some stuff like missing brake back plates that put me off. All could have been sorted now of course. 

Could still be a pig in knickers, but Id be smitten enough by those pics top go and have a look, if I wasn't in Glasgow or the red atm.

1 minute ago, Vincent Velocette said:

Could still be a pig in knickers, but Id be smitten enough by those pics top go and have a look, if I wasn't in Glasgow or the red atm.

Aside from the brown cracks where the B pillar meets the sill, it looks rather nice. I wonder what bits Chevronics have touched on it. Certainly the bumpers, by the looks of things.

15 hours ago, angle said:

I know bugger all about cars from this post war era, but is this really only worth £2,995? Am I missing something? It looks lovely. 

183216188_457668138665196_46576030468407

182072524_457668325331844_51408030913156

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3784094338368360/

probably because the guy selling just bought it for its registration mark GAD815 which its just been robbed of sadly (even without any special tools you can tell, aside from the obvious modern retroreflective plates etc, OXS258 is part of a current 1931-1952 age related plate series being issued by the DVLA)

always makes me very sad to see this happen, a car which has had its identity for 75 years, stolen from it by someone just looking to make a quick buck...

still a lovely old thing which hopefully can find a better home now at least!

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

TBF you are probably right!  I paid less than half of that for Huggy five years ago...

Don't take this the wrong way, but your Cadillac is a complete shed and if somebody wanted to bring it up to the same condition as that Galaxie they'd have to spend, what, £25k on it? For it to be worth £10k? Of course a beautiful, sound, totally original car with a mint (in both senses of the word) interior is worth twice what a hanging old beater is worth! And the Ford is always gonna be the more attractive car regardless of condition.

I love seeing 'cla**ics' in crappy condition with primer patches, fibreglass repairs etc being used as transportation - that's what this whole website is about - but you can't compare one with the other here. That's like me complaining that nobody wants my crappy old 1.4 BX for £500 but would happily pay £2500 for a fully restored 16v GTi...