eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

What's with all the immaculate Montegos lately?  That £12k MG Tickford one on eBay wasn't quite as minty fresh but not far off, the price seemed a tad optimistic though.

Anyway, for reasons I can't entirely pin down, I really like this.  It's on my doorstep, can someone here buy it so I can help deliver it?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/494614085304902/

May be an image of car and road

Seems like the very epitome of small, cheap to run, functional motoring.  And it's a Mk1 Kangoo so from the era of Renaults that didn't always explode.  My S-reg Kangoo was a pleasantly reliable workhorse.

52 minutes ago, phil_lihp said:

What's with all the immaculate Montegos lately?  That £12k MG Tickford one on eBay wasn't quite as minty fresh but not far off, the price seemed a tad optimistic though.

Anyway, for reasons I can't entirely pin down, I really like this.  It's on my doorstep, can someone here buy it so I can help deliver it?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/494614085304902/

May be an image of car and road

Seems like the very epitome of small, cheap to run, functional motoring.  And it's a Mk1 Kangoo so from the era of Renaults that didn't always explode.  My S-reg Kangoo was a pleasantly reliable workhorse.

Hnng. 

Tempting enough that I've just gone to get approval from my OH (enthusiastically given), especially as I'm down that way in a fortnight. 

However, they've forgotten to blank the plate on one of the photos. For £2k, think I'm out. 

• Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive all underside heavily corroded (5.3.6 (a) (i))

1 minute ago, busmansholiday said:

I didn't even know they did that colour.  It's lovely.  These have properly dropped off the radar, only a couple a year appear up for sale. 

However, this is only an observation.  Why doesn't he get the V5 himself?  It's always a bit of turn off not having one when selling a car despite how easy it is to get a replacement. 

I don't need any more cars. I have no room for any more cars. But also, this is 10 minutes from me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224446488898

Image 31 - Triumph Herald 13/60 saloon

It's on my watch list purely for research purposes. The quote I got from my welding mate to sort the rear arch is also purely for research purposes.

3 hours ago, angle said:

Hnng. 

Tempting enough that I've just gone to get approval from my OH (enthusiastically given), especially as I'm down that way in a fortnight. 

However, they've forgotten to blank the plate on one of the photos. For £2k, think I'm out. 

• Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive all underside heavily corroded (5.3.6 (a) (i))

Well, could be a mean MOT tester if there's surface corrosion around, might just need a wire brush and some black gloop.  On the other hand, might be why they're selling it!

4 hours ago, angle said:

Hnng. 

Surely there's someone local down that way who could look at it to see if it's worth your while?

Have you ever looked at a Reliant Scimitar and though "You know what? I wish it looked like an Aston DB7"? Well are you in luck...

Image 41 - Reliant Scimitar DB7 kitcar special

Image 61 - Reliant Scimitar DB7 kitcar special

The photos are shit, it's hard to pick a good* one. But wait...

THERE'S MORE 

Image 81 - Reliant Scimitar DB7 kitcar special

Yes, you could also get it as a shooting break , or semi-Targa with 930 Turbo rear wing...

I have no words.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194066847916?hash=item2d2f4918ac:g:3uoAAOSwDRFghnnB

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

It looks to me it has already exceed the value of the good parts left on it at £230!

The 14" alloys will likely be worth up to £150 on a good day, and the glass might be usable if it hasn't started delaminating. Instruments look complete; dashboard probably has cracks in it by now.

Engine, who knows?

There are so few running E3s here - fewer than 10 this year? - spares are always going to be of limited appeal.

18 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

I'm sure [somewhere in Websphere..] there is a guy, coaxes as much as poss out of it.... 'exploring the envelope'.... Blows up either engine/&or box - repeat!

Not sure if it isn't a youtube.....

MadAsAbox ;)