eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

He's warmed your cockles with his magic tricks

Glasses, bottles,bottles, filter tips

John Player special

number 666

20053544-0.jpg?v=63755231559743

https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-lotus-elan-2-130s5-john-player-special/?lot=52950&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=496&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=48&pn=2&g=1

might have to buy it after the watershed

42 minutes ago, R1152 said:

There's something so comically absurd about a Vandy Allegro that makes me want one; also, aren't these the last true Vandys? 

yes the Allegro Vanden Plas was the last car to be fitted out at the Vanden Plas factory in Kingsbury, North London.

after Kingsbury closed, in 1979? they switched to Abingdon and when they closed down, the end of the Vanden Plas Allegro finished too.

afterwards, the vanden plas name was used as the top model on various ARG models, and on Jaguars Daimler models in America.

i think that the name was finally, quietly dropped in 2010, when Mercedes Benz started calling themselves "Daimler" the name had been licensed to the Daimler Motor Company from the very early years of the 20th century.

Had to do a double-take here, as I could swear this was listed before for twice the current BIN

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133743264259

But no, it's a totally different blue, low-mileage Strada automatic.

The other one is here

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265128611899

TBH the cheaper one looks much better, but what cruel world do we live in where the only two Stradi in the country (hyperbole) are both automatics??

2 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Favorit 'Forum' - not an edition I'd heard of before. It's a local car (Brighton reg) but I can't make out the dealer from the plate.

If it's been in Lewes area from new, I would guess it was the dealership based in Peacehaven which no longer exists. I can't remember if there was one in Brighton itself in '92 but I suspect not. There was at least one in Worthing, and probably still is, so the elderly clientele were well-served to the East and West

21 minutes ago, egg said:

A lovely base MK1 @Yoss

It's a base but with a rev counter so should have the cool* ceiling mounted clock. Double win. 

14 minutes ago, barrett said:

I'm gonna have a low bid on that if it stays cheap, so let me know if anyone else is planning to, so we don't end up in a bidding war

I saw the price and thought I really ought to bid on it but if you are definitely going to I won't. To be honest it looks too good for me (though photos can be deceptive). What I like about mine is it looks tidy from a reasonable distance but if you look up close it's not perfect so I don't feel bad about using it everyday. But you carry on, but if you decide not to let me know.