eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Isopon said:
"CAR HAS HAD A FULL RESPRAY BUT LOOKS OF IT AS VERY VERY CLEAN" 

That probably explains the graphics.

edit: the tax ran out in 2020, but the mot expired in 2012?

4 hours ago, MisterH said:

image.thumb.png.edebaf160ca40e6aca29b6a6ebfe4cf4.png

TWR Bodykit? not keen on that grille, are those alloys off something else? they don't look standard...

The wheels are early Sterling jobs, and all wrong for the car. The bodykit is part TWR, but also looks to be part home-brew.

Also, it's the worst thing I've seen in my entire life, and the berk who thinks it's worth three grand needs to return to the laboratory for reprogramming.

Also also, quoteth the advert "...late Mark 1 with dealer fitted Rover 400 grille as fitted to last Mark 1 stocks". No they weren't, because that would have looked shit.

I'd love to rescue that car and make it look how it actually should... for about £800, which is rather closer to its actual value in that state...

4 hours ago, 500tops said:

FFS, give it a rest. I voted remain and it is what it is. Most of my mates voted leave and I can assure you  they aren't "racist" and they're far from "thick".

Quite so.  I've had similar conversations many times over the last nearly 5 years.

"I voted leave."

"Racist!"

"Racist against whom?"

"Europeans"

"European isn't a race"

"Anyone who isn't English then"

"I'm not English"

"..."

I'm also quite bright, even if I do say so myself.

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Quite so.  I've had similar conversations many times over the last nearly 5 years.

"I voted leave."

"Racist!"

"Racist against whom?"

"Europeans"

"European isn't a race"

"Anyone who isn't English then"

"I'm not English"

"..."

I'm also quite bright, even if I do say so myself.

Ah, but i was just accusing people of xenophobia and bigotry,  mainly because I wasn't happy to hear 

Brexiteer: THEY come over here, taking our jobs,

Me: So paying our taxes ?  Just like all the ex-pats, running bars in Spain? 

B: Using our health service.

Me: So do you take a European health card on holiday ? 

B: Filling our schools

Me: Three out of 7 primary schools in this area have closed in the last 15 years. 

B: Committing crimes.

Me: Eating the queens swans no less. 

I was against leaving Europe. But the Covid fuck up over there makes me think I was wrong. But maybe we could have helped them better. 

2 hours ago, New POD said:

Ah, but i was just accusing people of xenophobia and bigotry,  mainly because I wasn't happy to hear 

Brexiteer: THEY come over here, taking our jobs,

Me: So paying our taxes ?  Just like all the ex-pats, running bars in Spain? 

B: Using our health service.

Me: So do you take a European health card on holiday ? 

B: Filling our schools

Me: Three out of 7 primary schools in this area have closed in the last 15 years. 

B: Committing crimes.

Me: Eating the queens swans no less. 

I was against leaving Europe. But the Covid fuck up over there makes me think I was wrong. But maybe we could have helped them better. 

I'm quite happy to accept that some leave voters did vote for the reasons you have outlined above.  But saying that the only possible reason anybody could have wanted to vote "leave" was stupidity and racism is simplistic in the extreme.

Anyway, wrong thread for this discussion.  Have a fast Volvo instead.

s-l1600.jpg

17 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

The wheels are early Sterling jobs, and all wrong for the car. The bodykit is part TWR, but also looks to be part home-brew.

Also, it's the worst thing I've seen in my entire life, and the berk who thinks it's worth three grand needs to return to the laboratory for reprogramming.

Also also, quoteth the advert "...late Mark 1 with dealer fitted Rover 400 grille as fitted to last Mark 1 stocks". No they weren't, because that would have looked shit.

I'd love to rescue that car and make it look how it actually should... for about £800, which is rather closer to its actual value in that state...

I would go so far as to say it’s not a Vitesse, by that stage the Vitesse was effectively a Sterling hatchback, fully loaded with leather , auto , electrics etc. 
Just checked on Vehicle Smart and it’s an 827, presumably from the factory type reg number , one of those oddballs that somebody threw some random TWR bits , maybe a staff purchase or something. The Vitesse wing was a fleet,free  option on all fast backs along with TWR 5 spokes, in late 90.

56 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I would go so far as to say it’s not a Vitesse, by that stage the Vitesse was effectively a Sterling hatchback, fully loaded with leather , auto , electrics etc. 
Just checked on Vehicle Smart and it’s an 827, presumably from the factory type reg number , one of those oddballs that somebody threw some random TWR bits , maybe a staff purchase or something. The Vitesse wing was a fleet,free  option on all fast backs along with TWR 5 spokes, in late 90.

It's a shame there are no interior pics to verify the trim level; the only pic inside is of the instrument pack, which is MK1b (no voltmeter or oil pressure gauge). That end-of-the-line bodykit would have included the wing, but the bumpers here are definitely MK1a fit, the MK1b  stuff jutted out much farther.  So yes, somebody has taken an 827 (or possibly one of the last Vitesses that weren't Sterling Fastbacks) and bunged a load of older stuff on it, aside from that absolutely heinous grille, which is newer.

What they've ended up with is a load of poorly assembled old bollocks.

22 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

It's a shame there are no interior pics to verify the trim level; the only pic inside is of the instrument pack, which is MK1b (no voltmeter or oil pressure gauge). That end-of-the-line bodykit would have included the wing, but the bumpers here are definitely MK1a fit, the MK1b  stuff jutted out much farther.  So yes, somebody has taken an 827 (or possibly one of the last Vitesses that weren't Sterling Fastbacks) and bunged a load of older stuff on it, aside from that absolutely heinous grille, which is newer.

What they've ended up with is a load of poorly assembled old bollocks.

Yes but they are rare* bollocks, so that means it will be worth £8k+++ after a couple weekends...

1 minute ago, willswitchengage said:

Isuzu Pizza Turbo.

s-l1600.jpg

Popular on here. But how desperate do you have to be?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224435999793?hash=item34416d9431:g:uP4AAOSw-tlggnW9

I am desper- 

I'm alright actually

Though I will find it hard to look at cornflake cakes for a while:

4 Ingredients Chocolate Cornflake Cakes - A Baking Journey

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I'm quite happy to accept that some leave voters did vote for the reasons you have outlined above.  But saying that the only possible reason anybody could have wanted to vote "leave" was stupidity and racism is simplistic in the extreme.

Anyway, wrong thread for this discussion.  Have a fast Volvo instead.

s-l1600.jpg

Yeah, soz.