eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

13 hours ago, cort16 said:

Chris Dangle, Sierra looks pretty good for 2 grand 

94742F42-8553-4568-B9DF-2455CC140C6A.thumb.png.d3ad1b4ea9fb0121ce67488e7b7b86c5.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333971317682

I thought I recognised this. It was on these very pages a year or so ago after being off the road ten years and was also in Retro Ford mag post recommissioning . It was £900 as a project and owner appears to have done a lot of work so £2k seems entirely reasonable

54 minutes ago, Asimo said:

Yes, no point in all of that refinement - and spoiling it with Dieselness.

It is a good attempt with the 2.7 HDi C6, but it still sounds like a diesel at idle. This I could forgive on the XM 2.1 XUD as it didn’t also have EGR, DPF and other such shite to clean up its diesel filth waiting to go majorly wrong. The two noise, vibration and complexity together are just too much for my taste. 

4 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

I am thanks but really only a Petrol one. For which I will be waiting a long time! 

Yeah, I looked at the sales figures once and I think they only sold 6 of them with petrol engines in the whole run. 

Was a while ago so could be wrong but sure it was something like that. 

36 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Yeah, I looked at the sales figures once and I think they only sold 6 of them with petrol engines in the whole run. 

Was a while ago so could be wrong but sure it was something like that. 

It was more than that but not much more. I think there were like 30-60 UK petrol cars.

If I was flush I’d just go and buy one of the 10 petrol C6s for sale in Japan but I can’t see me ever justifying the import costs  

35 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

Couple of small French cars at Albert Looms.

That one-owner AX which has been in storage is probably a really good little car and well-worth saving. Presumably, like most scrap yards, this place will ask an outrageous amount for complete cars and will be completely inflexible on the asking price, and instead weight it in for £50 of scrap when nobody stumps up the £800 or whatever

Just now, jamescarruthers said:

It was more than that but not much more. I think there were like 30-60 UK petrol cars.

If I was flush I’d just go and buy one of the 10 petrol C6s for sale in Japan but I can’t see me ever justifying the import costs  

Pretty sure France is nearer, and with a wider selection. Granted it might not actually be much cheaper to import one these days thanks to the 50% of thick racists that makes up this country

3 hours ago, barrett said:

Pretty sure France is nearer, and with a wider selection. Granted it might not actually be much cheaper to import one these days thanks to the 50% of thick racists that makes up this country

FFS, give it a rest. I voted remain and it is what it is. Most of my mates voted leave and I can assure you  they aren't "racist" and they're far from "thick".