eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

16 minutes ago, SiC said:

The fact that the seller's business name is "Somerset Robin Reliant Spares" doesn't inspire much confidence...

I feel like giving him a buzz and saying "Hi, I'm calling about the Eighteen Renault".  But then I have had a drink.

4 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Mine looked like new when I sold it 9 years ago at 85,000miles. The problem was Marvin the paranoid android running the electronic systems. Beep, bong and bing, anti-pollution fault, etc.  

13 hours ago, cort16 said:

Chris Dangle, Sierra looks pretty good for 2 grand 

94742F42-8553-4568-B9DF-2455CC140C6A.thumb.png.d3ad1b4ea9fb0121ce67488e7b7b86c5.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333971317682

I thought I recognised this. It was on these very pages a year or so ago after being off the road ten years and was also in Retro Ford mag post recommissioning . It was £900 as a project and owner appears to have done a lot of work so £2k seems entirely reasonable

54 minutes ago, Asimo said:

Yes, no point in all of that refinement - and spoiling it with Dieselness.

It is a good attempt with the 2.7 HDi C6, but it still sounds like a diesel at idle. This I could forgive on the XM 2.1 XUD as it didn’t also have EGR, DPF and other such shite to clean up its diesel filth waiting to go majorly wrong. The two noise, vibration and complexity together are just too much for my taste.