eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

3 hours ago, cort16 said:

Selling off the heritage fleet is a sure sign the bods in charge no longer give a flying fuck about the Vauxhall brand (for good or bad).

It's apparently *only* nine cars and 100 will remain, but it still saddens me. Only the other day I was explaining to a young colleague how you could drive past the Vauxhall factory in Luton back in the 70s and the car park opposite was filled exclusively with Vauxhall cars; nothing else got a look in.

1 hour ago, Isopon said:

Don't think I've seen an ad saying this about the attitude required from the potential welder:

SERIOUS welding to chassis legs, sills’ floor and usual places

'usual places'? That will be the metal bits then.

Apparently the reason for selling those Vauxhalls off is to make room as they are relocating to different premises.  The ones being sold off do seem to mostly be the less interesting ones - perhaps they still have other better examples of the Nova, Tigra, Omega etc. in their collection.

Anyway, have a mildly incoherent advert for a very nice MG Maestro to go with the Montego.  No tailgate and off the road for 14 years but looks nice enough....but not 100% sure it's a real MG going by the chrome door handles and ride height, looks like a bit of a mongrel but in decent condition regardless.  The plate is shown in the last photo, comes up as a H plate Rover Maestro but it is a 2.0.  Did they make the MG that late?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324577113721?hash=item4b924db679:g:bJUAAOSwOrJgeXoC

Image 11 - Austin MG Maestro

16 minutes ago, SiC said:

The fact that the seller's business name is "Somerset Robin Reliant Spares" doesn't inspire much confidence...

I feel like giving him a buzz and saying "Hi, I'm calling about the Eighteen Renault".  But then I have had a drink.

4 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Mine looked like new when I sold it 9 years ago at 85,000miles. The problem was Marvin the paranoid android running the electronic systems. Beep, bong and bing, anti-pollution fault, etc.