eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-polo-mk2f-breadvan-genesis/303965615150

I bid on this a few weeks ago (in the Zoom call!), it had flat paint and HGF but looked tidy. 

Image 1 - vw polo mk2f breadvan , genesis .

The chap that bought it has polished it, swapped the engine out, and added £1200 to the price... 

Decent little upgrade on the engine, mind. Funny with those wheels - I was thinking it looks over-wheeled and then read they're Lupo 14" steels...

4 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Decent little upgrade on the engine, mind. Funny with those wheels - I was thinking it looks over-wheeled and then read they're Lupo 14" steels...

I do hope the brakes have been upgraded. Polo brakes for that generation were adequate at best.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-MG-MONTEGO-2-0-EFI-IN-BRG-ORIGINAL-TICKFORD-KIT-STUNNING-SWAP-PX-UP-DOWN/265128674633?hash=item3dbae68549:g:F2wAAOSwltNgfHOK

This looks massively overpriced to me, even for something as special as it is

Edit: I guess this one is top-notch, but still as expensive as it can get methinks 

29 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I do hope the brakes have been upgraded. Polo brakes for that generation were adequate at best.....

I concur - used to have a saloon Polo of that generation. Pressing the brake pedal felt more like a suggestion that the car should maybe consider slowing down, rather than a direct control. :D

5 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

I concur - used to have a saloon Polo of that generation. Pressing the brake pedal felt more like a suggestion that the car should maybe consider slowing down, rather than a direct control. :D

If the seller hasn't bothered amending the V5 document to reflect his engine change, then he probably hasn't bothered with the braking system either.

Pay £1650 for a possible death trap. WCPGW?

On 4/19/2021 at 1:35 AM, Austat said:

Those Victor's always look like they have received punch in the plums.

1 hour ago, MisterH said:

No mention of the suspension condition, no MoT, and the mechanical fuel injection is running funky.

I'm sure it'll be fine*