eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Ah nice. That one's been floating around for a while - deserves to be saved as the shell is in such good shape. EB is Edwards Brothers, based in Stoke on Trent. They designed and built the GRP body for those funny Morgan Plus 4 Plus things. The EB Debonnair was used by Ballamy and sold as the LMB Debonnair as a nearly-complete kit of parts with all the Ballamy suspension goodies etc - they look pretty neat when all finished

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.ae54f98a22ea2b28e207c482c23b529b.jpg

It will look shit on a Herald chassis because it was designed for a Ford Pop with tall, narrow wheels, but they are approximately similar in dimension. Much better to find a Pop with rotten bodywork and a V5 and do it 'properly', or better yet one of the many proprietary chassis of Pop dimensions designed for special bodies

4 hours ago, Danterzza said:

I mean there is owning a Honda Jazz, and there is OWNING A HONDA JAZZ.

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-Honda-Jazz/184723573620?hash=item2b02620b74:g:2vQAAOSwAEBgVi~A

Didn't even know these were sold in the UK, I really dislike it when people put those shortened number plates on UK cars, it is really annoying

3 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

Honda, so reliable. Right?

They have to be. When a car has an owner who devotes more time to religious concerns, it has to be reliable because it's going to be neglected. 

EDIT to add: Are you Kosher for Passover?

9 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-puma/27378903

ZjVjNTY5ZTZhZWEyMmVhODBkZTc4ZTViMDZlMTBj

NTI3YjE0ZWM5ODdmOGI4YTk2ZTg5Y2I1OTdhYWY0

Nothing overly interesting unless you're an anorak like me, but this caught my eye this evening..

Is that an OEM navigation unit in a Puma? Not something I've ever knowingly seen before

Good spot, certainly looks that way to me.  

That lovely '1.5 DIN' stereo format that Ford rolled out. I looked at something like this for the Cougar a couple of years ago (just because) but gave up as I couldn't find a complete and working one that wasn't megabucks. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-X3-3-0d-M-Sport-Spares-or-Repair/143984597782?hash=item2186269b16:g:DPAAAOSw55NgUOd5&redirect=mobile

s-l500.jpg

Could be a bargin as the "Spares or Repairs" reads.....

Spares or Repair due to the following...
Some age related marks. Curb marks on wheels. There are a few scuffs and dents on the bodywork (as expected from a 14 year old car)
Front brakes need changing.  Rear wiper doesn't work. No sat nav disc (i never bothered with it to warrant buying one).  Some paint coming off the plastic rear wheel arch.

13 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

This looks extremely fun.

14399156.jpg

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1309575

Looks to have normal sequential bike gearing to me, but whatever.

These had a gearbox along the same lines as a C50 etc, so you just popped it into first then twisted the throttle and off you go. I think this would have had a thumb throttle to make it safer*.

I can remember just after these were launched in the UK there was a track at Home Pierpoint, (spell), in Notts, they were billed as 'moon buggies' and were the smaller 70cc version, kids were falling off them left right and centre, I had a reasonable idea of how to ride a motorbike at about 11 but these were like deathtraps !

24 minutes ago, spartacus said:

These had a gearbox along the same lines as a C50 etc, so you just popped it into first then twisted the throttle and off you go. I think this would have had a thumb throttle to make it safer*.

I can remember just after these were launched in the UK there was a track at Home Pierpoint, (spell), in Notts, they were billed as 'moon buggies' and were the smaller 70cc version, kids were falling off them left right and centre, I had a reasonable idea of how to ride a motorbike at about 11 but these were like deathtraps !

I remember quite a few tracks around 30 years ago, they were great fun but I think they were banned for being too dangerous. They would only go around corners by leaning and getting them on two wheels. My first go was a track at Ford Fair, on the first corner I turned the handlebars and went straight on through the barrier. Once I realised you had to get them on two wheels it was great fun. It must have been 1988 as I tried the course where you keep a tennis ball in the bowl on the bonnet of a brand new green Sierra GLS!

I also went on a trike in France where it tipped over backwards as I went up a steep hill, they are fun but dangerous in the wrong hands.

22 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

That's really nice!  I have to wonder what sort of laid-up ills await though after 30 years out of action.

15 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

There are some in a worse state than that, here in Little Tel Aviv. 

Brent Cross Tesco has some pretty impressively battered Previas , Shuttles etc crashing into each other for fun.

Its one of the first places out of the West End that I know I can park, grab a sandwich and a piss. I’m very careful where I park. Luckily the ladies like to park as near to the door as possible, so I park right over by the petrol station.