eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 hours ago, Austat said:

That’s @Conrad D. Conelrad’s old one. Here it is at Shitefest 2014 with @Mrs6C’s Cadillac

CB2386A5-AE82-4576-A32F-1EC8CB0ED676.thumb.jpeg.2d77a597f2945661a7cc7ca1de7db33c.jpegE595A5E7-85C5-4833-A544-33BC7D34294E.thumb.jpeg.d4fa381af3b36efeae9898b550cb2431.jpeg

(Is it sad to remember number plates from cars I met once 7 years ago?)

8 hours ago, Austat said:

I knew this car well when the previous owner had it and have been in it a few times, despite the shitty photos it deserves to live on and it's nice to see it making a decent sum. As Wuv says, this is very possibly the oldest UK market survivor. By a strange set of circumstances I have all the paperwork for this , might even have the keys to it somewhere too. (It's not me selling it though) 

7 hours ago, Austat said:

It seems Allegros are starting to fetch prices of around 5 grand, for pretty solid/ almost concourse ones

Didn't someone on here buy a running and MOTed white one with a badly dented door but otherwise OK for about £200, only about 2-3 years ago?

2 minutes ago, adw1977 said:

Didn't someone on here buy a running and MOTed white one with a badly dented door but otherwise OK for about £200, only about 2-3 years ago?

I sold a solid, MOTd Allegro which drove well for £1500 last year.  Yes, prices are on the up, but the £5k examples above are imo wildy optimistic asking prices - if they achieve anything near that I'll eat my only hat.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, willswitchengage said:

There really are just no words. Buy it now? Does he accept PayPal? Or do in I turn up to his house, do a quick 100k bank transfer on my phone, fill in the v5 and drive home?

You would have to make sure you got a hand scribbled note with ‘100K’ ‘Sold as seen’ with it.

34 minutes ago, Justwatching said:

What an eyesore. Bet it was okay before he started 'improving' it. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.1beceecbefcf5087f2b0094af82d6c2e.jpg

Cadillac Coupe Deville 1979 | eBay

For anybody who doesn't know how ridiculous American cars were in the 1970s: that has a 7.7 litre engine making less than 200 hp, and that wasn't even the biggest displacement that Cadillac made. Imperial mpg is around 10.

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-bis/143981855876

RHD 126 Bis, never realised they were available as late as a J reg.

Image 01 - Fiat-126-bis

Not necessarily a car I'd want to own though I've always been curious as to what they're like to drive.

When I was still at primary school I remember a mate's dad had one of these in red. He was the head gardener at the local National Trust castle, and lived on the estate. The wee 126 would go round those lanes like a go kart. I also heard stories of him drifting it around the frozen car parks in the winter, but I didn't get to witness that first hand.

31 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

For anybody who doesn't know how ridiculous American cars were in the 1970s: that has a 7.7 litre engine making less than 200 hp, and that wasn't even the biggest displacement that Cadillac made. Imperial mpg is around 10.

Actually if it still has the original engine, it's a 425 which is 7 litres.  Huggy has the 472, at 7736cc.  Huggy does drink prodigiously, I don't like to think about the urban figures, but having owned a 79 with the 425 I can vouch for daily-use returns of closer to 18-20 if you're not heavy footed.  And you really don't need to be because despite the fairly feeble BHP, the torque is a different story!  

That poor Coupe gives me a BIG sad.  I know I'm not the best home for Huggy but I would be a massive improvement on the homes this one has suffered!

3 hours ago, Skizzer said:

That’s @Conrad D. Conelrad’s old one. Here it is at Shitefest 2014 with @Mrs6C’s Cadillac

(Is it sad to remember number plates from cars I met once 7 years ago?)

The only P6 I've ever driven, although I recall it wasn't in the best of health that day.  He chased me down the Welsh roads en route to Shitefest - I had the infamous ex-Bollox 220SLi.  I came across a T junction slightly unexpectedly just before arriving and the P6 appeared in my rear view mirror quite abruptly, the 220 it turns out had better brakes!  

IMG_4973.JPG

1 hour ago, MKT said:

There were UK market RHD 262s - think Volvo struggled to shift 200 or so (might be fewer than that).

This isn't one of them.

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Actually if it still has the original engine, it's a 425 which is 7 litres.  Huggy has the 472, at 7736cc.  Huggy does drink prodigiously, I don't like to think about the urban figures, but having owned a 79 with the 425 I can vouch for daily-use returns of closer to 18-20 if you're not heavy footed.  And you really don't need to be because despite the fairly feeble BHP, the torque is a different story! 

I would agree with that - I had a '77 Sedan Deville with the 425 and that managed mid-high teens, even 20 on a gentle run.

3 hours ago, adw1977 said:

Depressingly it was seven years ago at least but, yes. Somebody else on here has it now and it's got really rusty

4 hours ago, MKT said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-126-bis/143981855876

RHD 126 Bis, never realised they were available as late as a J reg.

Image 01 - Fiat-126-bis

Not necessarily a car I'd want to own though I've always been curious as to what they're like to drive.

The bis was water cooled wasn't it? 

I had an aircooled one for about 9 months and it was erm a car.