eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

4 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

Maybe so, only one I've driven is a 69 plate Merc E class with the 7 speed box. Didn't like it, didn't see the point, as my left leg works perfectly well, and my brain can choose the correct gear at least as well, and probably change more smoothly if not as fast.

Automatic handbrakes are the spawn of the devil also, it's the one thing I hate about my Insignia, and will likely lead to me selling it earlier than I otherwise might have.

Again, the reason we bought my wife a mk6 Astra was that it was one of the few cars we could afford WITH an electric hand brake.  She had some issues* with her arm and shoulder, which caused her excessive pain when using the hand brake and changing gear, such that she could no longer drive.

* Calcific growth on the shoulder joint causing the nerves and muscles to be inflamed- sorted now..

I'm fine with the electric hand brake and hill hold, hill start function. 

50 minutes ago, New POD said:

Again, the reason we bought my wife a mk6 Astra was that it was one of the few cars we could afford WITH an electric hand brake.  She had some issues* with her arm and shoulder, which caused her excessive pain when using the hand brake and changing gear, such that she could no longer drive.

* Calcific growth on the shoulder joint causing the nerves and muscles to be inflamed- sorted now..

I'm fine with the electric hand brake and hill hold, hill start function. 

You've a legitimate use case there, can't argue with that.

Nevertheless, it's one more thing to go wrong, and it just so slow to use I find it frustrating. Yes, I know I can just set off and it releases automatically, but I prefer to release it myself, to minimise wear and tear on the clutch and brake mechanisms and friction parts.

1 hour ago, The Vicar said:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1317632

51028552596_4fac98a878_o.jpg

....How wonderful is this? 

I once saw the saloon version of this at a Stony Stratford New Year show - and the 2-stroke clouds of blue exhaust it was putting out were very impressive. It's the sort of car that should regularly run past the Green Party's head office.....

A Porsche or a Bentley?

Always a difficult one I find, but maybe this is the answer:

Bonhams Porsche Bently.png

Bonhams Lot 86 (Bicester Village 20th March)
Bentley/Porsche Turbo 2-Seat Special
Estimate £ 5,000 - 10,000

(sorry its not from the usual sources, but I just had to do it.)