eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

On 3/7/2021 at 12:18 AM, outlaw118 said:

Love a Humber Hawk, me. This one looks splendid.

Image 1 - 1958-HUMBER-HAWK-CLASSIC-CAR-WITH-1-9-DIESEL-ENGINE-CONVERSIONJust on the right side of shabby, daily driver etc. Let's look a little closer shall we children?

Image 10 - 1958-HUMBER-HAWK-CLASSIC-CAR-WITH-1-9-DIESEL-ENGINE-CONVERSIONWHAT MANNER OF FUCKERY IS THIS???

I bet that's quick*. People like you should be publicly beaten and dismembered in front of their families. Nigh on five bags too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1958-HUMBER-HAWK-CLASSIC-CAR-WITH-1-9-DIESEL-ENGINE-CONVERSION/294027465839?hash=item447567146f:g:UkMAAOSwGAhgM8JS

No.  Just no.  If you want 5k out of me for your Hawk it had fucking better be running a Mopar 440 and Torqueflite.

6 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

No.  Just no.  If you want 5k out of me for your Hawk it had fucking better be running a Mopar 440 and Torqueflite.

There was one for sale recently matching that description, unfortunately it had been painted tart's handbag red, with red and white interior and was around £10k 

20 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Jesus H Chris (or as we’d say these days WTF), I first saw one of these in my late hormonal teens (and that was a while ago) and could not believe my eyes. It looked like it was from another planet or from the future. It was one of those moments.

Today it looks like Dolly Parton – still voluptuous in all the right areas, and although getting on a bit, and maybe carrying a bit of silicone body filler, I still would! Yeh baby!

If I can paraphrase Baz Lurman and his Sunscreen song:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of '21
Worship the DS23 Safari
If I could offer you only one tip for the future,
The DS23 Safari would be it
The long term benefits of the DS23 Safari have been proved by scientists
whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience and outright lust...
I will dispense this advice now...

Enjoy the power and beauty of a DS23 Safari
oh never mind;
you will not understand the power and beauty of a DS23 Safari until your memories have faded
But trust me, in 50 years you'll look back at photos of a DS23 Safari
and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before
you and how fabulous it really looked...

If I had £ £21,850.00+ I’d buy that. NOW.

It is the only car to make me feel this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-825-2-5-V6-Sterling-auto-Coupe-1998/324508045499?hash=item4b8e2fd0bb:g:9qEAAOSw7oZgQla4

s-l400.jpg.ae1cb14e611cbbe134ef0d3c0832af32.jpg

"The car requires minor TLC on the body, it is a bit rusty from under the car"

Last MoT pass was 2016, advisories were;

Front subframes corroded

Rear subframe corroded

Front cross member corroded

Fuel tank straps corroded

Power steering pipes corroded

Fuel lines corroded

Nearside Front Sill corroded

Nearside Rear Outer Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive Sill (2.4.A.3)

Supplementary Restraint System warning lamp does not illuminate (5.4.2)

2 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

Given that the alternative on that year would have been a 2.4 York, I think a 2-litre Pinto is by far the better alternative.

553313789_s-l400(3).jpg.1cab34e8cd859e7dcc927a0d88370ca0.jpg

"I was going to swap the engine over as i blew the original one so bought another engine which needs fitting ,but when i went to fit it i couldn't due to having vertigo so it's been sat in garden"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/reliant-robin-SLX-car/274702939825?hash=item3ff59236b1%3Ag%3ApQYAAOSwpSlgPSMM&LH_Auction=1

22 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

553313789_s-l400(3).jpg.1cab34e8cd859e7dcc927a0d88370ca0.jpg

"I was going to swap the engine over as i blew the original one so bought another engine which needs fitting ,but when i went to fit it i couldn't due to having vertigo so it's been sat in garden"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/reliant-robin-SLX-car/274702939825?hash=item3ff59236b1%3Ag%3ApQYAAOSwpSlgPSMM&LH_Auction=1

Fuck me, that's almost as good as 'my dog ate my homework'.