eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

This appears to have sold already, but wished to comment on the listing; DO NOT PAINT! or restore, as it's utter oily rag perfection as is.

1934 morris commercial c type. This beauty tipper truck is a restoration project. In good condition for its age. Its a non runner. Engine has been rebuilt. I have got the green slip of the log book. Cab and wood in good condition. 8,500 o.v.n.o

147914730_10164999147625105_816550805054

3 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

I had one of these, the same year and colours but mine was a 1700 and I don’t think the seats were such nice cloth. Mine was also low mileage, it was around 8 years old and I paid £50, I still struggled to make any profit on it!
They look much better now 30 years have passed, I’m still not tempted though but would love to see someone else rescue it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-ambassador-2ltr-auto/203272948760?hash=item2f54030c18:g:T~4AAOSw691gIVJk

image.thumb.jpeg.a03282e2bdec5f111b1d10b1660ca21f.jpeg

Why Reg, Y reg, why?

On 2/8/2021 at 8:01 PM, Shite Ron said:

I had one of these, the same year and colours but mine was a 1700 and I don’t think the seats were such nice cloth. Mine was also low mileage, it was around 8 years old and I paid £50, I still struggled to make any profit on it!
They look much better now 30 years have passed, I’m still not tempted though but would love to see someone else rescue it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-ambassador-2ltr-auto/203272948760?hash=item2f54030c18:g:T~4AAOSw691gIVJk

image.thumb.jpeg.a03282e2bdec5f111b1d10b1660ca21f.jpeg

That's only round the corner from @warninglight and tbh not an unrealistic trip for me either.  And I like it a lot.  MoT till August even!  IIRC that upholstery was named Paprika.

I used to be absolutely mad keen on those Ambassadors. Now I hate them!!! Miserable interiors, asthmatic thrashy engines and a crap gearbox. Still like the wedge shape though and I would like to drive one with regassed spheres and new tyres, I reckon it would be a whole 'new sensation' in ride quality

21 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

That's only round the corner from @warninglight and tbh not an unrealistic trip for me either.  And I like it a lot.  MoT till August even!  IIRC that upholstery was named Paprika.

Ooh yes I know exactly where that is! Absolutely not something I ever want to own but happy to cast an eye over it for anyone who might be keen. Able to help with shifting it post lockdown too.

3 hours ago, marm said:

Had a lift in one of these today and totally fell for it.

Anyone want to talk me into/out of this one?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/citroen/citroen-c3-hatchback-2004-manual-1360-cc-5-doors/1396191205

1EBDE674-4002-4014-BD3F-80FF3A97EA75.jpeg

We've had ours coming up 13 years, been brilliant, now @Smoll Floatylight's bodywork still brilliant at 18yrs old. Very comfortable for a small car (SX spec)

22 hours ago, Wilko220 said:

Could be very nice if it lost the wheels and the giffertastic array of pointless extra badges.

Not exactly gone to town on the description though

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUMBER-SCEPTRE-Mk3/203273067733?hash=item2f5404dcd5:g:kmAAAOSw-0FgITd~

That's rather nice; lush colour, and the interior is totally reminiscent of my green one.  There's so much wrong though, and that's just what I can see at a glance!

One for the CF fanciers... complete with damp problems. Not sure why they've replaced the front bumper with some box section off cuts though!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/493549248709476

May be an image of outdoors

On the plus side, they've written what it's supposed to be on the back in case you forget. Digging the arrow indicators too!

39 minutes ago, Wilko220 said:

I foolishly did not heed the warning. 

I must admit a pet hate of mine is naming cars. 

A mate of mine used to do it to every fucking car he owned and would then only refer to the car as whatever stupid fucking name he'd given it which infuriated me even more. 

"I'll come over in brooklyn later"

"What the fucks brooklyn?" 

" my new car, the numberplates E354 BRN so I named it brooklyn cos that's what the numberplate spells out". Oh yeah of course 😢😢😢😢

Every fucking car and a different stupid fucking reason why, numberplates, something it rhymed with, a mate who had one ten years previous etc etc. 

Still, nice to see an acclaim still going. 

5 hours ago, marm said:

Had a lift in one of these today and totally fell for it.

Anyone want to talk me into/out of this one?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/citroen/citroen-c3-hatchback-2004-manual-1360-cc-5-doors/1396191205

1EBDE674-4002-4014-BD3F-80FF3A97EA75.jpeg

Neighbour had one from new for about 15 years. She loved it and never seemed to have any problems. I don't know exactly which engine but it was diesel. It was written off when parked outside her daughter's house and a Ford Focus drove into it. That would've been about 18 months ago. I never went in it but I started thinking it looked a bit rubbish but by the end had some real respect for it. Missed seeing it on her drive although I kind of fancied the Renner Clio that she bought new to replace it

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Those have been getting cheap for a while now - I've seen a few usable ones go for 3 figures on eBay.

I had no idea they were that cheap now. Am I right in thinking that they’re just a Punto pulling a funny face? They can’t be that scary or expensive to look after if they are

9 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I used to be absolutely mad keen on those Ambassadors. Now I hate them!!! Miserable interiors, asthmatic thrashy engines and a crap gearbox. Still like the wedge shape though and I would like to drive one with regassed spheres and new tyres, I reckon it would be a whole 'new sensation' in ride quality

An acquaintance of mine has just finished restoring a Ambassador VDP, spent an absolute fortune on a professional body repaint. I dare say the velour seats in one of these would be much more appealing. 

8 hours ago, Soundwave said:

One for the CF fanciers... complete with damp problems. Not sure why they've replaced the front bumper with some box section off cuts though!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/493549248709476

On the plus side, they've written what it's supposed to be on the back in case you forget. Digging the arrow indicators too!

I think you’d have to throw your bedding and your clothes away after a night in that silverfish infested poultice.